Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

Aug 312003

Accord 2-cyl

I tried contacting Honda to see whether it is normal to get electric shocks from the car. Every time I close my door to my car I get shock. I even seen electric wave. However, Honda indicated that it must be the way I am walking, but everyone who comes in and out of my car gets shock and its only happens in the dry winter time. When I step on my pedal the car stalls which causes me to step on the pedal harder. My engine just turns off while I step on the brakes. I have spoken to a mechanic who indicates that is normal for Honda Accord 2002. I contacted service, but they indicated that it is my responsibility and it is not the manufactures problem. I just wanted to report this information.

- Stanton, CA, USA