Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

Feb 262018

Accord 4-cyl

S10 appropriate handling - copy of a letter to american Honda motor company regarding the national takata airbag inflator recall. The consumer requested to be reimbursed for the airbag recall repair.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Dec 232017

Accord

Airbag red light stays on. Showed dealer for recall. Dealer got no code. Charged $120. Red light is still on! did not fix it because no code was found and cannot repair. Recall was denied and I had to pay $120 for diagnosis. Lights are all the time when running.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jan 192018

Accord

Takata recall Honda dealer refuse to speak with me about the replacement of a recall. The farthest I have ever gotten was through their receptionist and then no news. I have tried on multiple occasions and multiple times to contact them

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 202015

Accord

Can hear slight noise when disconnecting my seatbelt coming from lower part of the dashboard

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Dec 232017

Accord

The contact owned a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving 5 mph in heavy traffic, another vehicle turned unexpectedly in front of the contact 's vehicle. The contact struck the front driver's side of the other vehicle. The contact stated that only the passenger frontal air bag deployed. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact stated that the driver sustained a whiplash, the front passenger sustained bruising from the air bag, and the rear passenger seated on the right also sustained a whiplash. No one received medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the insurance company inspected the vehicle and deemed it a total loss. The vehicle was not inspected by an independent mechanic or dealer to determine why the other air bags in the vehicle failed to deploy. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the air bags were supplementary. The contact stated that case number: 06594835 was opened with the manufacturer. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The recall had not been serviced. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Dec 272017

Accord

Called the car place several times to see what I needed to do in case later on my airbags does not deploy in a car wreck.

- Beaumont, MS, USA

Dec 012017

Accord

Takata recall, I just don't want it to automatically go off, that's scary, and it should be replaced by takata at no cost to myself. Unethical, unsafe, and a danger to other drivers as well!

- Omaha, NE, USA

Dec 052017

Accord

"takata recall" while driving, the light indicating passenger airbag off light comes on then turns off, after several minutes it comes back on. That worries me.

- Golden Valley, AZ, USA

Dec 052017

Airbag settlement recall

- White Plains, NY, USA

Aug 052015

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. While the vehicle was at a stop light, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained neck and lower back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The contact was able to drive the vehicle to stevens creek Honda (4590 stevens creek blvd, san jose, ca 95129, phone: (800) 692-2129). The vehicle was not diagnosed, but the body damage was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Los Gatos, CA, USA

Nov 012017

Accord

Takata recall: I saw the news about recalling the vehicle for air bag safety. I am not sure why nobody contact me since my car's model is in the recalling list. Honda Accord 2009

- Troy, NY, USA

Sep 072017

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning indicator illuminated and remained lit. An unknown dealer was contacted at 318-445-6677 to inquire about the notice from tk holdings Inc. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The failure was not diagnosed. The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Oct 312017

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 30-35 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed head on into another vehicle. The driver's and passenger's frontal air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact and passenger sustained injuries to the neck, back, shoulders, and chest, which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to choice towing facility. Neither the manufacturer nor the dealer were notified. The vehicle was repaired at auto nation Honda (4030 hacks cross rd, memphis, tn 38125, (901) 209-1308) per NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.. updated 8/3/18

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Nov 152015

Accord

Takata airbags I called numerous times last year and two years ago because my passenger airbag light would keep coming on and the vehicle was never in a major accident to set off the passenger airbag. I complained in person at a Honda dealership of lisle to a ray underwood. Ray claimed that nothing was wrong and they refused to do anything to my vehicle until I paid a minimum $100 testing fee. I am a college student who doesnt have alot of extra income so I was unable to pay for the fee. I argued that this should have been free do to the seriousness of the claim considering I have passengers in my vehicle all the time and I would never want to put them in harms way. Ray again refused to do anything. I called Honda and they refused to reimburse me for the fee. Now about 2 years later I received 2 letters in the mail about my vehicle having defective airbags! are you people ignorant, incompetent, stupid or all 3? I am currently giving all documentation to my lawyer for further action. I want Honda of lisle reported to the better business bureau as well as their general manager ken underwood. This is a shady way to conduct business and I could have been seriously injured or killed do to their negligence as well as takata's negligence.

- Lemont, IL, USA

Jun 102017

Accord 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 17V030000 (air bags), 09E063000 (equipment), and 16V056000 (air bags). While driving 70 mph with the cruise control activated, the driver's side and curtain air bags deployed without impact or warning. The front passenger side air bag failed to deploy, causing extensive injuries to the front passenger. In addition, the brake pedal failed to function when applying force to stop the vehicle. The vehicle crashed into a tree. The driver sustained head, neck, and back pains. The front passenger sustained extensive bruising, pain to the head and back, and injuries to the left arm, collar bone, and sternum. Both occupants required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was inspected by the insurance company and deemed the vehicle destroyed. The dealer (mungenast St. Louis Honda, 5939 S lindbergh blvd, St. Louis, mo 63123, (314) 894-1330) was notified. The contact provided the dtc to the dealer. The dealer was uncertain as to which recall may have been associated with the failure or if a different failure happened that was not related to the open recalls on the vehicle. The contact was waiting on instructions from the manufacturer. The contact notified the manufacturer and was waiting on a response to determine the cause of the air bag and cruise control failures. The approximate failure mileage was 151,000. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jul 252017

Accord

Was in an accident and air bags didn't deploy and they should have its front end damage

- Winona, TX, USA

Jul 112017

Accord

SRS unit failed after recall completed of the inflator recall. Honda does have a 15 year extended warranty on this part, but would not apply it since the technician was not able to read the error codes. Inflator was replaced around February, SRS light came on in may and repairs was completed on 7/11/17 at my expense.

- Sanger, TX, USA

Jun 242017

Accord

I bought the Honda Accord new in 2009 in Florida. I gave the car to my daughter in 2016 and she moved to Illinois. She had the airbag recall repaired on 6/24/17 but airbag warning light is still on. The dealer states there is a "front weight sensor failure" and needs to be repaired for cost of $882.32. Honda indicates this part is not part of the recall and will not pay for repairs. I believe the airbags shoud be functional after the recall reair was completed.

- Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Jun 182017

Accord

The drivers side air bag and side curtain and passengers front air bag deployed as my son was driving in a parking lot where he works. Thank god he works at a hospital. I thought Honda was safe but have my doubts now? it's seems like no one wants to help other than our insurance. He said he was maybe going about 10 miles an hour.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Mar 062017

Accord

Takata recall. Notified dealer 65 days ago, but no correction taken.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA