Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

Dec 272014

Accord 4-cyl

Slid into a curb. Locked up the seat belt, did not deploy airbags. I thought it was lifetime warranty on seat belts. Honda charged me $469 to replace driver side seat belt. SRS system would not reset. Now it points to front sensors. Honda wants $859 to replace front sensors and SRS control unit.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Feb 272009

Accord 6-cyl

Since the vehicle purchased there is air bag lights on went to workshop at Honda dealer three times. But still the problem exits.

- Dayton , NJ, USA

Oct 182010

Accord 4-cyl

I noticed that the passenger side airbag sensor came on intermittently when someone was in the front passenger seat. I took it in to be checked at Honda of the avenues in jacksonville, fl. But they informed me that this was a normal action designed to shut off the airbag when persons lean in the path of the side airbag. I let them know that I wanted to have this checked, which they told me it was. Fast forward to Oct 2014 I heard of the airbag passenger problem and checked my VIN. I was not included in the recall but because of my original concern I called front range Honda in Colorado springs (we moved) and they ran a check of my system on 10/30/2014. Fortunately they found and replaced the faulty passenger seat rail sensors when they showed as major failure! thank goodness I never had an accident to test the passenger sensor's! please let me know if others have complained of the same failure and hopefully this will lead to a recall to prevent someone from finding out the hard way.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Sep 182013

Accord 4-cyl

While making lane change, side curtain airbag, seat, and seatbelt retractor, deployed with out any contact to vehicle. 2009 Honda Accord located in orlando. Airbags, controller module, headliner, and seat have not been replaced yet. Seatbelt retractor was replaced with original Honda part.

- St Cloud, FL, USA

Oct 132014

Accord

Airbags failed to deploy when vehicle hit in front on driver's side. Vehicle was damaged to the extent the insurance company declared it a total loss.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Jul 162014

Accord 4-cyl

Dashboard illustrates and indicates "side airbag" is turned off, randomly. This happens frequently(once a week), while nothing is blocking or conflicting with it's normal operation. In the event of a side collision, I'm deeply concerned this could be an electrical issue or faulty sensors for which will not allow the air bag to work properly.. or worse... not at all.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Sep 262014

Accord 4-cyl

I took my 2009 Honda Accord to the dealership to complain that the warning light would come on indicating the passenger side airbags were off. The dealership told me that an object or passenger in the seat would affect this indicator. I advised them that nothing would be in the seat when the light would intermittenly light up. After much effort the dealership replaced the seat back senor in January 2014. The problem subsided temporarily. Today the dashboard indicator constantly turns on and off while I am driving regardless whether anyone or anything is in the passenger seat. If the indicator is correctly monitoring my passenger airbags, then I am driving my car 70 % of the time without the benefit of passenger side airbags never knowing if they will deploy properly, which is outrageous. I contacted american Honda and despite living in a recall "humidity zone" (miami, Florida) my Honda was not included in their limited recall of defective passenger airbag inflators. I think this is absurd and the NHTSA needs to force american Honda to include newer Honda's on their recall list for defective airbags.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 182014

Accord

No incident at this time. But airbag light stays lit and on dashboard the seatbelt lights up and the off lights, keeps blinking on dashboard and above hazard button. Are there any other complaints?

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 082014

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The technician advised that the supplemental restraint system module be replaced in order to locate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,032.

- Cleaveland , OH, USA

Jul 012014

Accord

I am currently having water leakage from the headliner right where the side curtain airbags are located. This is occurring on both the driver and passenger side of the vehicle. I am concerned not only for the damage this is causing to my vehicle but because if I were to be in an accident I am afraid that airbags will malfunction and not deploy.

- Riceboro, GA, USA

Aug 152014

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact lost control of the vehicle and it rolled over multiple times. All of the air bags deployed except for the steering wheel air bag. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a head laceration and multiple body contusions that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 138,000.

- Perry, OK, USA

Aug 152014

Accord

The contact owned a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact lost control of the vehicle and drove off the road. The vehicle crashed and rolled over multiple times. All of the air bags deployed except for the steering wheel air bag. The vehicle was destroyed and a police report was filed. The contact sustained a head laceration and multiple contusions. Medical attention was received. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 138,000.

- Perry, OK, USA

Aug 032014

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, another vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign and the contact crashed into the driver's side of the second vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact was taken to a hospital where arm, neck, and lower back injuries were treated. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 102014

Accord 6-cyl

Air bag lamp came on and would not go out, then later, the warning buzzer and seat belt warning lamp quit working. SRS control unit failed after 32,188 miles.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 042014

Accord 4-cyl

The SRS indicator stays on permanent and the brakes have to change again after only 6 months. Called Honda headquarters and was told that there was a recall for SRS in 2011 but my VIN number was not on the recall list and the my vechicle is out of warranty. I bought my car as a used car at herb chambers in 2010 and the according to them the car was already out of warranty. I need them to call the dealership and have me take the car in for diagnostic and have the issue fixed without me absorbing the cost.

- Dorchester, MA, USA

Jun 212014

Accord

Air bag failure indicator came on. Took vehicle to dealer and was advised that air bag needed to be replaced as it had failed.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 152011

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that when the passenger door was closed, the air bags deployed without warning. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was contacted about the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Raeford , NC, USA

Sep 062013

• 3,200,000 miles
Around September 6, 2013, while driving on a side street, my passenger side front and rear airbags deployed after closing the car door. I took the car to the dealer who said they would contact american Honda who said the car was involved in an accident, yes it was back in 2010. Honda won't stand behind their product and said to file an insurance claim. If you look online this has happened to several Honda owners, with several makes. Is Honda waiting for someone to get killed before issuing a recall? Honda said I probably hit a pothole or curb, if that were the case there would be hundreds of thousand air bags deploying. Honda in California won't stand behind their product. Glad it did not happen on a highway where someone could have gotten killed. Maybe if it happened to a Honda corporate employee's car they might fix it!!! I have printed out pages upon pages of Honda owners that this has happened to and I will be at the dealership handing out this information to incoming customers to let them know they are doing nothing about a safety issue. I will do this every weekend until there is a recall.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Dec 152012

Accord

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while parked, the front and rear air bags suddenly deployed when the front passenger's side door was closed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing but the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Silver Creek, GA, USA

Mar 102012

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while she was closing the front passenger door, the airbags deployed inadvertently. The airbag warning light illuminated after the deployment. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they advised that the vehicle could not be diagnosed for the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 36,000. The consumer also stated the TPMS light illuminated. When she took the vehicle to the dealer, it went off and then came back on. The dealer stated by plugging in her cell phone, it was causing the light TPMS light to illuminate. Updated 07/18/12

- Alpharetta, GA, USA