Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Accord:

Jan 152009

Accord

Brakes on front have been replace 2 times by turning rotors twice and second time pads replaced the fear is now there is a weakness in the rotors and they could fail during a panic stop, also there is a whine in power steering which Honda of America admits to but claim they do not have a fix for, they say it is not a safety issue but have do they know that the power steering could cease working at any time since that the whining is not the normal sound of the Accord up to late 08 and all the 09 Accord 4 cyl.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Jan 152010

Accord

While driving my 2009 Honda Accord to work on 1/15/10 the steering malfunctioned throwing me into the left lane the steering wheel moved back and forth on it's on and I had no control of the steering until I hit my brake and the car was thrown to the right. I had no noise but because of the force involved thought I had something break on the front end or blew out a tire. I stopped and inspected the tires and so no problem with the front end. I decided to go on to work about 2 miles down the road the same thing happened. I had my car taken to the dealer and as of yet they have found nothing wrong. They have been unable to duplicate my experience as of 1/22/10 they say there is nothing wrong. I'm scared to death to drive it afraid I will get hurt or hurt some one else. If there had been a car in the left lane that Friday morning I would

- Plainview, AR, USA

Aug 202009

Accord

2009 Honda Accord leased in 2008 from valley Honda, 4173 ogden avenue, Aurora il, 60504. The vehicle was returned to the dealership due to noise coming from brakes and steering wheel pulling to the left. Returned vehicle several more times complaining of same issue. Valley Honda stated there per techline, Honda is aware of the problem and is working on a countermeasure. In my opinion this is a safety hazard. I explained to Honda, the dealership and the better business bureaus that this is a safety hazard because I have to "pump" my brakes in order to control the vehicle during stopping...all disagreed. Can you help?

- Darien, IL, USA

May 192009

Accord

I was driving to work one morning in my 2009 Honda Accord. I made a left turn, and the steering wheel locked up on me. I could not do anything. I was stuck in front of oncoming traffic. I almost got hit on the left side by oncoming traffic. A few days later, I took the car to the dealer who installed me a new steering column. A few days before the locking up of the steering wheel, I kept hearing a clicking noise whenever I make a turn. After the locking up of the steering wheel, the clicking noise continued. That's when I decided to call the dealer. After the first locking up, the steering wheel locked up a couple more times.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Mar 102009

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Accord. While driving 50 mph, the steering column shook violently when the brakes were applied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but they could not duplicate or remedy the failure. Upon further inspection, the contact noticed that water would freeze inside the wheel rims in wet, freezing conditions. The failure caused the rotors to rust and the braking system not to perform at its full potential. The contact called the manufacturer and was informed that no compensation would be provided because the VIN was not included in a recall. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 938 and current mileage was 1,024. Updated 6/3/09 updated 06/04/09.

- Buffalo, WY, USA