Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

Jul 112019

Accord

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. The contact stated while parking and the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle unintendedly accelerated forward. The contact stated she drove over a curb, crashed the front driver side into a sign and a bush. The contact stated no warning lights were illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. No police report. The contact did not sustained any injuries or medical attention. The contact stated road side assist was able to change into a spare tire and drive to her residence. The vehicle was taken to independent mechanic, where the bumper, driver side door and tire were replaced. The contact called local dealer curry Honda yorktown located at 3845 crompond road, yorktown heights, New York 10598, (914) 739-7600, where they were made aware of the failure. The manufacturer had not been informed of failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. The VIN was not available.

- Greenport, NY, USA

Oct 112018

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. While pulling into a parking space, the vehicle accelerated on its own at a high rate of speed. As a result, the contact lost control of the vehicle and reversed into a parked vehicle. The driver's side air bag deployed with force. A police report was filed. The driver sustained burns to the arms due to the air bag deployment, which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed from the scene. The insurance company was notified and planned to investigate the cause of the failure. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000. Consumer stated incident happened Nov. 30, 2016 and was not reported. Updated 12/20/18

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 122018

Accord

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. As the vehicle was being parked, it accelerated independently and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The driver and passenger were slightly injured and hospitalized. A police report was filed. It was not determined whether or not the vehicle was totaled. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified and provided a case number. The manufacturer stated that they would tow the vehicle to a Honda dealer after it was serviced at an independent body shop. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Fairview, NM, USA

May 232018

Accord

Acceleration hesitation. I have bow owned this car one year and today (May 23, 2018) was the 7th time that hesitating while leaving a stop sign or signal light, has happened. Twice its cause a vehicle to slam on their brakes behind me.

- Merced, CA, USA

Mar 042018

Accord

, while driving on the highway it was perfectly fine but when time came to get off I stoped at the first light, tried to drive off then the car started pulling, took off driving then the car just totally shut off no type of warning that there might be a problem and also no dash board lights lite up to notify me that there was a problem

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Dec 162017

Accord

Upon breaking car accelerated, happened on two occasions, brought car to Honda and they found no defects. Happened again with more severity, informed Honda and to date they have nor contacted me regarding this same problem.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 072017

Accord

During stand still and driving, when I step on acceleration pedal the car often time hesitates to move. To avoid an accident, I have to press hard on acceleration pedal, then she moves too fast. In an another word, I can't control the car speed in the way I want at 60 percent of the time.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Nov 152004

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the rpms surged at low speeds. When reversing or driving accelerating from a stop, the vehicle would speed up. The contact discovered the issue the day after purchasing the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 100...updated 03/01/17

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 152016

Accord

Bought the car brand new back in July 2015. On 10/16/2016 I took the car on I-66 and at about 80 mpl the car started jerking and knocking. Engine runs fine at idle but knocks even at a speed < 20 mph. Had the car towed to nearest Honda dealership and waiting to hear from them. It has about 11K miles on it. Can see a safety recall on 2015 Honda Accord with similar symptoms.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 032015

Accord

Vehicle does not decelerate when going going down hill or driving in city city traffic or on a city street, highway and freeway. On 4 May 2016, tested drove the vehicle with american Honda motor factory representative Mr. Tom zumieda.. Mr. Zumieda stated he found the vehicle to be working as designed and at factory specs. He did verify my complaint and advised and demonstrated how to use cruise control when applicable to change the shift pattern to help the down shift process when showing down and foot of the gas pedal.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Feb 202016

Accord

I bought a new Honda Accord about 7 months ago. I noticed after driving it a month or more that every long once in a while it was showing me a defect known as "unintended acceleration". I took it in to the dealer and after they examined it, put it on the computer machine and test drove it a few miles, they found it to be perfect, nothing wrong with it. I took it back and continued driving it thinking that perhaps I did something that caused it.as I continued on with it, I pulled into my handicap space at my parking lot. Front end up to a concrete bunker with the handicap sign standing tall in front. I was about to put the car in park and shut the key off, when suddenly while my feet were off the pedals the car zoomed up to 40 mph, I turned the wheel left to try and avoid the sign after it hit the bunker and as it sped into the next parking lane I braked and shifted to neutral.luckily there was no traffic in the second lane or I would have killed somebody as well as myself.I took it to two more dealers with a damaged passenger fender and they all said after looking and testing again that there is nothing wrong with the car. The last dealer brought a Honda expert mechanic in from the manufacturer and he too said nothing's wrong. Without evidence they can do nothing for me.if we can't find the trouble you say is there, we can't accomodate you. I said, so your sending me home now to get killed?sorry but there's no proof. I called Honda manufacturer and they would do nothing.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Apr 052016

Accord

While overtaking a large truck (semi), in the fast lane of a four lane divided highway, the adaptive cruise control flashed a warning and automatically applied heavy braking as my vehicle was even with the rear of the semi trailer. This caused the vehicle behind me to nearly rear-end my car. This has happened several times over the past year, and seems to be more frequent lately. I am nervous about using the acc when approaching or passing a large semi tractor trailer. I have seen other comments regarding the same situation posted on the internet. I believe this is a serious safety issue, and should be investigated.

- Panama City, FL, USA

Dec 082015

Accord

While driving in stop and go traffic, either on the highway or on residential streets, occasionally, the vehicle will hesitate. This hesitation will last 1-3 seconds and then the vehicle will accelerate as expected. This hesitation can cause a dangerous situation since the vehicle will not move as expected. The vehicle was purchased new, and this has occurred since its purchase. I've taken it to the Honda dealer, but they can not duplicate it since it is an intermittent issue. Their response was to stop using the econ button. I have stopped using this feature, but the issue has persisted, (although it has lessened in occurrences). The issue can occur 1-2 times per week, with the last occurrence on 12/8/15. There is a technical service bulletin on the vehicle 15-036, which may or may not be related, but last time at the dealer, they couldn't find the tsb, so the software update likely has not been made to the vehicle.

- Brecksville, OH, USA

Nov 062015

Accord

Intermittently, but always upon acceleration (could be pulling onto the highway from a stopped position, merging/speeding up to get on the highway or pass another vehicle, or starting to move when the light turns green) the car will fall flat with no power. It doesn't stall, just doesn't respond to the gas pedal. Most times, happens in second gear. Releasing the gas pedal and then pressing it again most times resolves the problem. Sometimes, it takes a few tries. This is a very dangerous problem, and I have had many motorists swerve around me or blow the horn at me because I can't get the car moving fast enough. I just spent $30,000 on this new car, and the dealership cannot duplicate the problem so they're sending me on my way with a vehicle that's a potential death trap.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA