Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Accord:

May 122019

Accord

Honda Accord 2016 eps system lock power sterling wheel during drive. Lucky, I can slow down and shut off the engine to avoid accident. This vehicle just 34600 miles and day purchase just expired 30 days. Honda should fix this issued more than warranty and avoid people in danger with this type issued in future.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 182018

Accord

I was driving on 35-38 mph in a 35mph zone. The road was curving in the form of a C and my tires started to skid. Once I applied brakes and I couldn┐T feel anything braking and once again applied, the car turned 90 degree, straightened out on the road but not completely meaning the car was still going forward in the direction on the road but a 30 degree angle. I couldn┐T control steering or brakes and hit a fire hydrant at the end. I asked the insurance company to contact Honda for details know the different control units and reading but they didn┐T want to go that route. Now my insurance rate is up and I have 2 points since the cops didn┐T believe it could have been the cars fault.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 162016

Accord

Since the car was purchased in March 2016 has been having electrical issues, almost everyday no start condition. Needs to be jumped everyday. Had the dash board fuse blown within 2 months of purchase of the car, had battery replaced within 9 months of purchase and had alternator tested. Since the transmission recall rough idle on drive and rpms lower then what normally were. No recall as oer VIN for battery sensor but theres some serious issue car wants to stall while driving sometimes. Someting seriously wrong. Randomly steering light, traction control, brake lighy comes on and goes off

- Bellerose, NY, USA

Oct 212017

Accord

My husband was driving, I was in the passenger seat on a clear day, full visibility, there was a car several car lengths ahead of us turning right. It cleared the way without us needing to break. We were traveling about 40 mph at around 2pm. Our vehicle thought there was still a hazard in the road. We have a sensing package in the vehicle, which caused our car to come to a full and complete stop, engaging the seat belts as well. We have full video evidence of the incident from a third party dash cam. We were almost hit from behind. We took the vehicle to the dealership thinking there was something wrong with it, it was returned, saying that the car worked as intended. Having been in the vehicle at the time, and I disagree, and am now extremely afraid to drive my car. While I have no pictures, I have full video of the incident, and will gladly provide it upon request.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 072017

Accord

I purchase a 2016 Honda Accord on 10/29/2016 and since I've had major problems with the electrical system as well as the lighting and the braking system!!! 1 wk after purchasing this can all the font lights went out on the car as well as the phone system with the connection to the blutooth has a shortage the only issue repaired was the lighting on the front headlights the inside lights was never repaired !!! also the braking system was not stopping as should have been properly stopping on instant stop!!! I have made sudden stops which lead me to the braking system locking up and the car either spiraling out of control on the brakes locking up and sliding a complete car length before coming to a complete stop!!! until this on day on 4/07/17 attempting. To make a complete sudden stop only leaving me sliding a car length plus smashing into the back of a pick up truck, ,, with the front end of this 2016 Honda Accord possibly total, ,, I call the Honda association speaking to cyrstal and due to insurance not paying Honda refused to send this inspectors out, ,, and proceeding to inform me that they have sent a notice out!!! the car is only 4 moths old and has a new owner so how is is possible that I received a notice"?" crystal refused to inform me of the type of notice sent as well as what the notice was for as well as what address etc due to no insurance claim !!! I trusted the interfaith of hona and that this company would not have this type of unsafe vehicle traveling on anybodys highways with unsafe brakes endangering live of me and others, ,,, I. an he contacted for more information at 4048346141!!! I am asking that my car. E inspected and the Honda be felt with accordingly, ,, thanks

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Mar 212017

Accord

I have Honda sensoring on my 2016 Accord sport. I drive a winding road every day and when I go around a curve the sensoring activates my braking system which slams the brakes, it is very unexpected and startling. I turn off my sensoring but every so often it happens even with it off. Also there is apart of the road I drive on everyday it curves before crossing a bridge for some unknown reason the sensoring will activate and steer me to on coming traffic. The other day I almost hit a big rig. And like the braking system it is not all of the time. I am very concerned that the sensoring is going to cause me to crash. The good thing is I can over power the system and I am a experienced driver. However I am beginning to teach my child to drive and I am afraid something devastating might happen.

- Rancho Murieta, CA, USA

Mar 112017

Accord

Purchased my coupe in November 2016 brand new. I have less than 8600 miles on it. The other night my car went into complete shutdown, completely dead. I was told it could be the main fuse. Why would the main fuse blow on brand new car? that very dangerous while driving. Luckily I was pulling into my mother's driveway and not on the highway or in traffic.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Apr 092016

Accord

At less than 600 miles, suddenly while driving at less than 30mph, transmission failure, in drive, operated like low gear. Car rattle, warning lights flashing: Electric power steering, cylinder malfunction, TPMS, and vsa.

- Port Washington, NY, USA