4.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Accord:

Mar 192019

Accord Touring 3.5L V6

I just bought a Honda Touring 2017 five months ago and I started hearing a clicking noise coming from the front passenger tire. It sounded like I had a nail in the tire. When I went to the dealership to do my maintenance I told them about it and they were aware of this problem because they were getting the same complaints from other customers that have this model and the 2017 sport model. The service advisor said that all the tires will start making that noise eventually. He said that these 19" continental tires are mainly for racing and were designed for this car. He was told from the higher up at Honda that the customer could replace the tires and the noise will go away. I have been reading comments from other people that have replaced the tires but the noise did not disappear. Why would I buy new tires and spend over a thousand dollars if that is going to be the case. I wish I knew this before I bought the car. So now that the tires have been rotated, the noise has shifted to that same tire that is now in the back rear driver wheel. I am guessing that it's the tire and not the wheel well it sits in. It's quite annoying when you have your window down and hear it. The dealership said that since this is not a safety or recall issue there is nothing they can do at this time. Also, I was told that they are aware of the problem and under investigation. How long does something like this take? I did read some comments about people having flat or blown out tires as of result of this issue which could be dangerous. I really don't know what to do at this point. I have owned four other Honda's and never had a problem until now. I am so disappointed that Honda is not stepping up to the plate to help solve the problem.

- mcgovert, Stanford, US

Oct 192017

Accord ES 3.2L

SEEMS LIKE THE MORE MILES I PUT ON, THE LOUDER THE NOISE.

LOTS OF ROAD NOISE.