Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

Aug 072019

Accord

On August the 7 I washed my Honda Accord. I noticed that the clear coat is coming off. I made an appointment with the Honda dealership that I bought the car from. I took it on August the 8. they took pics of the car and told me they would contact there sales rep about this. I contacted them om Monday August the 12 about the matter. They contacted me back that evening and told me it was an environmental issue. Like rain stuff from the roads and tree sap that I need to contact my insurance company about this.I have only had the car 7 months. The car only has around 7600 hundred miles on it.

- Kings Mountain, NC, USA

Jun 122019

Accord

Paint chips and scratches easily. Clearcoat and paint started peeling. The slightest thing will scratch or chip the paint. Scratches on the hood and roof are pretty significantly ( really noticeably due to the car being black). Any little thing that touches the paint seems to damage it. The paint peeled off in multiple spots on the roos and the trunk. Now I can see the actual care metal. I boutgh this car (Accord 2018 2.0 T) in November 2018, and I started noticing all these issues couple months ago, but things got worse very quickly. Contacted dealer and the contacted Honda, but I received the expected answer that they can't do much as this form external environment. I used to have a C 300 black car that I used to park in the same place every day like my Honda and never had these issues.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Jul 232019

Accord

My vehicle has missing structural adhesive on the front driver side suspension strut tower. It appears the robot that bonds the pieces of metal together with adhesive either had an air bubble in the line when this vehicle was made or there was some other defect. In addition, the transmission shifts extremely rough and nothing has been done by Honda to correct the issue. I also had to have bubbles fixed in the paint on the trunk lid. The adaptive cruise control is nearly impossible to use because it does not detect vehicles ahead and accelerates rapidly or applies the brakes abruptly for no reason. American Honda was notified of the defect in the suspension strut tower adhesive but refused to send an engineer to look at the car. In my opinion, any missing structural adhesive used to join metal, especially on a highly dressed place such as the strut tower, could easily become a safety defect. I would prefer my vehicle be bought back from Honda as it appears to be a lemon.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 062019

Accord

Paint peeling & chipping - six months after I purchased my vehicle (Nov. 2018) the paint started chipping and peeling on the hood, top and trunk of the car. Every time the vehicle is washed, it gets worse, so I'm afraid to wash the vehicle. The spots are visible whether the vehicle is stationary or in motion. Bryan Honda and american Honda have been notified. Nothing was addressed until I reported it to diane wilson with eyewitness news troubleshooter on July 11, 2019. Now bryan Honda wants to communicate with me. I was told that the problem came from tree sap, bird droppings, and/or acid rain. Ridiculous! very disappointed with american Honda, bryan Honda and management. Will never but another Honda!

- Spring Lake, NC, USA

Jun 012019

Accord

Paint is peeling and coming off. It's like there is no clear coat

- Ixonia, WI, USA

May 152019

Accord

Have automatic braking and lane assist driving. Brakes on its own with nothing in front. Happened twice. Dealer calls it a glitch. I call it very dangerous. Police officer was behind me when it happened last. Good thing he had good reflexes and the speed limit was only 45 mph I was in the center of my lane with no obstructions, no vehicles coming from the opposite direction. Turned off the program and haven't used it since. Service department said would have to keep car and test drive until it occurred. I will do this, but am afraid they will be keeping the car for awhile because it happens out of the blue. It's happened twice in a period of two months. I have had the car for four months. Another problem..paint is spotting on car like it was hit with acid. Had protective wax put on the week I purchased it. Vehicle has 3500 miles on it. Paint also shows tons of orange peel. I paid a lot for this model. Expected more.

- Euharlee, GA, USA

May 242019

Accord

I was driving on on-410 South to work on May 24,2019 morning and I tried to open the sunvisors to get rid of sunlight coming from front as soon as I opened the sunvisors they fell down and came across the face and I was just about to hit the car at front just because of improper visibility.

- Brampton Ontario Canada, UT, USA

Apr 242019

Accord

I have experienced a number of issues with the 2018 Honda Accord sport, related to the engine, transmission, head unit, brake hold system, noise (tire and poor sound insulation) as well other issues which are described in the attached document.

- Denver, CO, USA

Dec 162018

Accord

Accord front chrome grill is bubbling up. Noticed it after 1 day of purchase. Car was is my driveway when I have noticed the bubbling. Other owners have noticed the same thing and have had the part replaced under warranty. When I tried to take it to a dealer, they refused to change the part under warranty.

- Sterling, VA, USA

Sep 012018

Accord

When vehicle in motion, loud buzzing sound coming from driver side view mirror. Highway and general driving in town and secondary roads.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Sep 092018

Accord

While in motion in reverse my camera did not work properly and I struck another vehicle while turning slightly.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Oct 012018

Accord

The contact owns a 2018 Honda Accord. The contact stated that when she pressed the fuel tank door, it failed to open. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 200.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Sep 102018

Accord

Front driver side rim has a chip. Rear passenger door miss aligned rear driver side door rubber is coming off rear driver panel has paint defects

- Norwich, CT, USA

Aug 062018

Accord

The rear body of the car starts to rust. It's just purchased about 2 weeks. The rust dots are almost everywhere on the rear body. They appear on ceiling, on doors, and the cover of truck.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 102018

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2018 Honda Accord. When the vehicle was started, the passenger air bag warning indicator failed to illuminate ┐off┐. the contact also mentioned that the dashboard vibrated on the passenger side while driving; however, the vibration stopped when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired twice for the vibration failure at Honda windward (45-671 kamehameha hwy, kaneohe, hi 96744, (808) 247-8544). The dealer stated that a new air conditioning belt was taped onto the unit. The belt was covered with foam to keep it attached to the unit. As the belt pressed against the air conditioning unit it made a noise and, coupled with an unknown object under the dashboard, caused a vibration. The air bag failure was not diagnosed. Neither the air bag or vibration failure was repaired. The manufacturer was not informed of the failures. The failure mileage was 1,090.

- Kailua, HI, USA

May 082018

Accord

At higher rates of speed, the front hood vibrates significantly. Not only is this annoying but it is also frightening. I thought that hood was about to fly off the vehicle when I was traveling out of state. I even contacted Honda dealers where I was to see if I could get someone to look at this on an emergency basis. When I got home, I took back to my dealer and I was told that they rearranged a seal but also that is what 2018 Honda Accord do...they vibrate. Basically, I was told that there was nothing they could do about the problem. The issue remains.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Jan 152018

Accord

Brakes are very touchy and when braking pedal sometimes goes all the way to the floor. Car does not stop smoothly and it seems to have different stages when breaking. It also jerks when when lightly touching break while at a stop light and slowly moving forward.

- Edmond, OK, USA