Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda CR-V:

Dec 272017

CR-V

"takata recall" my Honda-CRV was hit behind by a young lady in November 2016. She admitted her fault and her insurance company paid for the repair to the garage.the rear bumper was severely dented and it created some other mechanical problems and the garage owner fixed them.I do not have knowledge about it. Emphatically, I should say: # 1. when this accident took place the air-bag did not deploy. It is a big question " # 2. the garage owner, during the repair days asked me to take the vehicle to another garage who did the 'wheel alignments." One of the persons there told me " the excel is not good/defective and need to be fixed or replaced... something like that as far as I can remember." I said that I can not afford to do that now and I brought the vehicle back.I told about it to my garage owner. He inspected it and said " can not see such a thing, but will see later." Since then, I use the car with suspicious and scare to drive far away places. Never drive on free-ways. # 3. I got a dash board warning in September this year. The garage owner said that engine oil need to be changed and I did so on 09.26.2017. But still the light is on ? I think it says " maintenance required." Why is the light is on even after oil change is done " I do not drive the vehicle everyday as I can not afford gas money. We are state beneficiaries and the state has categorized us as low income family. Myself and three family members most of the time travel by bus. Therefore, I can not afford to pay for repairs and kindly help me to fix these issues at an early date. Thank you.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Aug 312002

Takata recall reimbursement

- Lebanon, NJ, USA

Nov 022017

CR-V

I received in the mail a notice for vehicles with tamara airbags from tk holdings Inc, concerning the airbags in the above mentioned vehicle. I am concerned about the endangerment this may present. Please advise me on what steps I need to take to correct this problem.

- Norwood, MA, USA

Sep 152017

CR-V

I had been driving for approximately 30 minutes. As I drove along I-575 - a 4-lane highway - I noticed a kind of power surge from my engine. My speedometer registered 80 mph! I applied the brakes but was unable to slow the car more than 20-30 mph, and then it started to creep back up. I exited at that point, knowing I needed help. I was still going much too fast. I looked for a service station and not only was there none, within seconds I was faced with a red light with 4 lanes of cross traffic (george busby parkway) - I couldn't stop the car! so I took it off the road in a controlled crash, going over the curb, 6 or so feet of grass, a huge hedge, and crashed into a very tall, mature crape myrtle. Thank god the car finally stopped. I was fortunate the crape myrtle consisted of multiple trunks rather than being an oak or similar. The crape myrtle managed to dissipate the impact of my car and I only sustained a broken wrist. The air bag did not deploy. My insurance company is charging me with driving out of control!!!!

- Roswell, GA, USA

Sep 302017

CR-V

I was involved in an incident where a vehicle pulled out in front of me and I hit them. The damage to driver side front end damage is such that I am unable to open the drivers door or drive the vehicle safely without repair. I do not understand why the airbag system failed to deploy. I did take my vehicle in for the safety recall airbag replacements when notified.

- Kearneysville, WV, USA

Jun 022017

CR-V

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle was rear ended while at a red light. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained shoulder, neck, and low back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was later taken to paul paint and body shop in high ridge, mo, where the vehicle was being repaired for the crash damage. In addition, the contact stated that the steering wheel position lock failed to adjust and remain secure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 and 15V320000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000.

- High Ridge, MO, USA

Mar 042017

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2002 Honda CR-V. while driving 35 mph, another vehicle ran the stop sign and was T-boned by the contact's vehicle. The contact stated that the seat belt pretensioner failed and the air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact's wife sustained a broken knee cap and upper torso injuries. The rear passenger sustained back injuries and the driver sustained back and torso injuries. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously repaired for a recall in 2010. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The recall specifics were not provided. The failure mileage was approximately 188,000. Updated 05/17/17 updated 08/07/2017

- Bokeelia, FL, USA

Feb 042017

CR-V

My car was totaled but none of the airbags deployed. With such a huge damage which happened on a highway at high speed with two flips and hit a tree before it came to an upside down stationary position, the air bags should have deployed as a safety feature but none of them did. The photos of the wrecked car were attached.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 162016

CR-V

Had the recalls done and now the SRS light will not go out. Have tried the reset and hooked up my code reader - code reader has no indication of a problem. Reset did not work. Concerned about safety and also do not want to take it to a dealer for a $100+ diagnostic if it is Honda's fault. Seems a lot of owners are having this problem. Car starts and runs fine but the SRS light remains on. Is there a warrentee with the safety systems.

- Evergreen, CO, USA

CR-V

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. after the vehicle was serviced per NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags), the SRS warning light continued to remain illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that there was a defect with the electrical system. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 170,000.

- Grass Valley, CA, USA

Jul 082016

CR-V

The contact owned a 2002 Honda CR-V. while driving 10 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact depressed the brake pedal; however, the brakes failed to slow the vehicle. The contact crashed into a guardrail. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. The contact sustained scratches and bruises to the upper arm and body that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,000.

- Juncos, PR, USA

May 242016

CR-V

Last night around 8pm my husband and I were leaving a clients house in leesport. We were going South on rt 183. We were driving appoximatly 20 mph. With no warning at all, a big deer jumped and slammed into the drivers side. Hitting the front side of the vehicle. We pulled off of the road immediately. The fluid from radiator was leaking out.

- Gilbertsville, PA, USA

Jul 292015

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2002 Honda CR-V. while driving 45 mph, another vehicle failed to yield and crashed into the driver side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back, neck, head, and left hand injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage yard. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 14V349000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 160,000. Updated 02/19/16

- Sergeant Bluff, IA, USA

Jun 302015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V320000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Jul 222015

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. the contact had the vehicle serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V320000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V700000 (air bags). Shortly after the repairs, the SRS light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer stated that the SRS computer was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 107,000. Updated 01/27/16

- Circleville, OH, USA

Jul 232009

CR-V

The SRS light came on without an accident. Honda determined it was the SRS control unit that failed. The cost for replacement was $692.05

- Smithtown, NY, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 45 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed head on into another vehicle. The failure occurred as the vehicle crested the top of a hill and the contact reached up to pull down the sun visor. Immediately afterwards, the driver and passenger side air bags deployed and fragments from the air bags bruised the contact's hand. The contact and two people from the other vehicle sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. Both vehicles were destroyed and towed away by both parties' insurance companies. The failure mileage was 253,000....updated08/20/15 updated 11/27/2015

- Riner, VA, USA

May 012015

CR-V

I have been waiting for Honda to replace my driver's airbag. I contacted my local Honda dealership over three months ago to schedule a time for the passenger airbag to be replaced. They've never called me back. When I call them, they tell me the part is on back order. The dealership is: Madison Honda, 280 main St, madison, NJ 07940. I would like my vehicle serviced as soon as possible.

- Florham Park, NJ, USA

CR-V

I had the Honda airbag recall done on 8/3/2015. While driving the car on 8/6/2015, the SRS system off indicator light came on and then went off. This light was not a problem before the recall was done but now has us wondering what is the status of our restraint system.

- Greenfield, IN, USA

Feb 172015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2002 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA numbers: 15V320000 (air bags), 14V700000 (air bags) and 12V136000 (exterior lighting) however stated that the parts needed for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Moca , PR, USA