Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
I was shopping on the day after Thanksgiving with a friend. We were 35 miles from home when the check engine light came on. Car had been fine til then. I called friend's husband, went to Napa store and they checked computer codes. He said I could drive home but get fixed ASAP. Took a week to get appointment for local repair shop. "vehicle dropped off with check engine light on and transmission codes present...retrieved stored computer code PO843 transmission fluid pressure switch A circuit high, isolated problem to chewed through transmission control wiring. repaired wiring w/used wire harness assembly."
I am elderly widow and this stranded me and I needed help to get home from repair shop and return next day to pick it up. I have research ideas, set traps, leave a light in engine compartment, leave the hood up.
See second incident complaint
- Sharon T.,
click to see larger images
check engine light and flashing "d"
"Technician notes - vehicle previously brought in for wiring repair (rodent damage). vehicle brought in this visit with traction control light and stored computer codes indicating automatic clutch pressure control solenoid valve 'A' circuit fault and second code set for clutch transmission fluid pressure switch.
I am into this for over $700 to date. I have spent more money on traps. Honda has a tape that is supposed to deter rodents but that will cost more to have mechanic access the wires to wrap them with no guarantee and Honda charges over $30 for the tape.
I have "googled" this and no one has a good solution. I am afraid that the next damage may result in an accident depending on what the rodents damage.
My 1989 GMC pickup has never had this problem and I have lived here for almost 40 years. In fact, none of our vehicles have had wiring damage due to rodents until now with my Honda.