Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

Aug 222016

Fuel pump housing found cracked and actively leaking fuel when pump runs. Discovered following strong fumes inside passenger compartment and outside the cabin. Cracks in fuel pump housing appear to be fatigue cracks. Oem P/N 17045-S5A-A00 or 17045-S5A-A31

- Cranbury, NJ, USA

Nov 162012

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving early this morning around 6:45am. Was driving around to get coffee and such, then going 45mph to get to onramp of I-75. After accelerating normally to 68mph, the acceleration stopped and pressing on the gas did nothing. I slowed to around 20mph and that is the max speed I could go on the interstate until I pulled over. There were no weird sounds or smells or leaks, transmission fluid was full. I can start the car fine and drive it around going 20mph, but wont shift after that. Took to belle tire mechanics and they claim its a bad transmission. Everything I've researched online shows this to be a defective clutch pack carrier and is a known issue to Honda and most mechanics, but they claim to not know anything for obvious reasons to avoid having to pay for their mistakes. This needs to be fixed by Honda as this is not the fault of normal wear/tear. This is a blatant mistake by Honda!! someone needs to file a class action suit against Honda for this. I've seen hundreds of other people with the exact same issue.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA