7.8

Most common solutions:

1. replace A/C condenser (6 reports)
  3. replace air compressor (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Civic:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

Aug 142019

Civic LX 2.0L

Idk why Honda won't issue a recall to fix this issue, they are well aware of the issue and refused to do anything about it. Unbelievable, won't be getting another Honda since they decided to push out a faulty design. I'm hearing this happens to SI models too. If you look it up, others are having the same issue where they buy a brand new Civic 10th Gen and after a few thousand miles, the AC stops working and blows warm or hot air. The freon is all gone and it's due to a bad compressor or a leak somewhere. So far no Honda dealership wants to help me as this car is a lease and is covered under warranty. This is the first and last Honda I'll ever be buying. They want to charge a 500 dollar diagnostic fee.

- Samuel P., Brooklyn, NY, US

Jun 042019

Civic LX 2.0L

Just irritating. Looked up on Honda website and part on backorder due to issues. That being said dealer wouldn't cover under warranty.

- Sharon K., Beaumont, AB, Canada

Jul 012019

Civic LX 2.0L

F*CK HONDA! It is supposed to be a competitor to Toyota, let me say its not. It not even 2 years more like 1.5 years and the ac isn't working. Also I i have problem with tire rod which other mechanics said outside the service center but they just saying $130 would fix it. Its been already 2 weeks t,hey still don't have my part the ac condenser. How come a brand new f*cking car has so many problems.

- Ilmas A., Jamaica, NY, US

Jul 222019

Civic EX

American Honda Motors, Inc. needs to recall 2016, 2017, and beyond Civics A/C Condensers. There is an issue. These newly insulted parts are failing and customers (new vehicles) are being responsible under warranty to replace them. The car is blowing hot air and the cost to fix is $700 plus.

- Tiffany S., New Orleans, US

Mar 112019

Civic

I never used my A/C system until it got really hot outside when the weather hit 90 degrees in Wisconsin for the first time this summer. I never had to use my A/C and when I finally needed to use it I called the dealer where I bought it from and they said a rock hit my condenser which is right behind my bumper. They said it is not under warranty and it is not covered at all. They say it cost over $1,000 in which I don’t have.

- Iesha B., Milwaukee, WI, US

Jul 012019

Civic SI 1.5L

I have a 2017 Honda Civic Si that is less than 2 years old with 38,000 miles. The AC condenser leaked which means I did not have a working AC. I had to have the dealership replace then condenser. My extended warranty covered this minus a $100 deductible. I am afraid that I will need to repeat this every 2 years if I want to have a working AC. This is a known problem on the Civic forums.

- Daniel R., Norton, US

Jul 042019

Civic

I am disgusted with Honda. The air conditioning does not work. Dealer replaced air conditioning compressor but based on everything I am seeing is a temporary solution as the whole unit is not replaced. Register the problem.

- 2017honda, St. John's, NL, Canada

May 202019

Civic SI 1.5L Turbo

AC not blowing cold air and took to Honda Dealership. They informed me that the condenser had a leak and all the refrigerant leaked out. Would not cover under manufacture warranty because they deemed road debris caused the issue. There a no visible punctures on the condenser yet they would not cover under warranty. I called Honda Warranty center and they said the same thing. No luck. I purchased the extended warranty when I purchased the vehicle and went to an outside mechanic shop. They were able to get my condenser covered under the third party extended warranty.

Look up 10th Gen Honda Civic AC condenser on google and you will see alot of issues with this condenser. Either it is faulty coming out of the factory or its very easily damaged by small rocks from normal highway driving which is a terrible design.

Honda would not cover this problem and luckily I had extended warranty.

- Ray K., Canton, MI, US

Apr 302018

Civic LX 2.0L

Yikes! Called Honda Canada to find out why there is a fee to look at the A/C issue which should be covered under warranty? I've had 5 other cars (one other Honda) and never had an issue where A/C needed refilling and all of those cars were older in years and mileage when purchased than this Civic.

My dealer is saying they are out of the special gas the newer Civics need to recharge the A/C and can't source it in their area. I found a Honda dealer that is not close by but at least they seem to have the gas and the equipment, but just need the dealer to cover the expense as they said they would. Nobody else either seems to have the equipment or the gas (or both).

This is a real pain because Honda should be standing behind their product. In Toronto, it gets seriously hot and humid in the summer months so A/C is a must to keep your family from melting or limit exposure to engine exhaust on the highways.

- Devi P., toronto, ON, Canada