8.5

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Civic:

Jun 012017

Civic Sport Touring 1.5L With Turbo

• CVT transmission

I bought this car 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback brand new in April 2017. I drive daily for work. By June 2017, my lower back/buttocks/bottom of spine hurt so bad when in this car it is almost unbearable. I have bought pillows and cushions and tried different seat positions to try and make this not happen while driving. By the time I reach my destination I can barely get out of the car I am hurting so bad. Now, I just hurt constantly, even when I am not driving. I can drive my husbands other vehicles for a week and the pain eases up until I get back in my car and start driving again. I have determined it is because there is no lumbar in the seat. I am ready to trade in the vehicle because of this issue. I am required to drive daily for work and this is not the car to do this in due to the poorly designed bucket seats. I love the car and hate the thought of getting rid of it, but I cannot handle this excruciating pain any longer. I feel Honda should offer replacement seats for this vehicle.

- , Madisonville, US

Jul 012017

Civic EX 2.0L

I bought my Honda Civic 2017 in June. By July, I was having issues with my lower back and being uncomfortable while driving. I tired putting blankets, cushions and all sorts of support under me to help raise my hips higher than my knees to relieve the pressure on my lower back. It was impossible. It is now November and the pain is unbearable. I have an hour commute I can hardly tolerate. The more I raised my hips, the more uncomfortable I got since I was no longer connected to any part of the seat. My head would hit the ceiling (by the way, I am only 5'4). I am now currently experiencing sciatica, mostly down my left leg. My buttox goes numb while sitting in the car, even for just 3 minutes. I cannot find a comfortable position. I am starting Chiropractor care and Physical Therapy. Physical therapy works to help strengthen muscles in my glutes and hips, but I can do all the PT I want and go sit in my car for 5 minutes and all the pain is back. My Chiropractic care is starting treatment on my L4, L5 in my spine. Additionally, I get pressure in my driving knee, mostly when I am on the gas as opposed to the brake. I am fed up with the car and ready to trade it in, even thought I JUST BOUGHT IT. I am only 24 years old. Very active, never had any previous back, spine, hip or knee issues.

I have experienced less issues while driving my Mom's 2007 honda accord.

- , Columbia, US

May 302017

Civic EX

• CVT transmission

Seats are very uncomfortable with little to no lumbar support. They need to offer adjustable lumbar support, especially starting at the EX model.

- , Orillie, ON, Canada

Dec 092016

Civic EX

• CVT transmission

The seats in my 2017 Civic Hatchback are causing me some significant neck pain. I didn't notice this when I first bought it, but after three months I can hardly sleep due to the pain. Building a comfortable seat shouldn't be rocket science these days, what's up Honda? My new car is literally a pain in the neck.

- , Washougal, WA, USA