Most common solutions:

1. use thicker glass like previous models (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Honda Civic:

Apr 072019

Civic LX 2.0L

click to see larger images

windshield cracks easily

Woke up one day, and I noticed a crack on my brand new 2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan. I saw a ballpoint pen-sized impact mark that's hardly noticeable on top on the lane departure warning system box area. And I did some research, a lot of Hoda owners with later model vehicles with lane departure warning system had similar problems. The location seems almost identical to mine on some of them.

On top of all this, I've tried to fix this; you can't get an aftermarket piece because it's brand new. But wait! I have to get it through a Honda dealer, and the 2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan windshield is back ordered. They don't know when they'll have it in stock. Meantime, I driving a car with a cracked windshield.

I had a Civic and 2 Accords and an Odyssey before but never had a problem with windshield. My Honda Odyssey has a Cheerio size pebble hit mark on the windshield but never cracked.

It seems new windshield is a way too thin compared with older models.

Bottom line, the windshield on 2019 Honda Civic LX cracks easily and super expensive to fix.

- Nick K., Fair Lawn, NJ, US