2.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda HR-V:

Aug 202019

HR-V

2016 Honda hrv with 70,900 miles suddenly lost power at 55mph on highway. Accelerator wouldnżT work. Driver was able to control vehicle to shoulder and stop.

- Rocky Point, FL, USA

Mar 292019

HR-V

Vehicle was in driving motion at 50mph then started to slowly decelerate while on drive. Accelerator was increased but the engine was still wiring down. All indicators lights appeared on the dash board. Brakes seemed to lock and could not come to a complete stop until the car finally stopped from it slowly wiring down. Car stopped moving while on drive and would not budge. The speed indicator kept moving from 0 to 120 yet the car was not moving. Took it to a mechanic to run a diagnostic and it appears to be an internal transmission problem, everything else looks good yet the transmission is having issues. The car has always been kept up to date. The vehicle has about 75,000 miles.

- Arbuckle, CA, USA

Feb 252019

HR-V

The contact owns a 2016 Honda Hr-V. while driving approximately 65 mph, the speed suddenly decelerated to 35 mph. During the failure, several warning indicators illuminated, including the check engine indicator. The vehicle was taken to ed morse Honda (3790 w. blue heron blvd, riviera beach, fl) to be diagnosed, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. After retrieving the vehicle, the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission sensor failed and dislodged from the transmission. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Pembrook Pines, FL, USA

Jan 082019

HR-V

I bought the car brand new in April of 2016, it has 70K miles on it, and Iżve never had an issue with it. Last week I was going about 40-50 mph and my dash said the gear was in neutral, and all the warning lights came on. Took it to a few places and it was determined that the transmission was totally shot.

- Gardendale, AL, USA

May 112018

HR-V

The car has just passed the 80 000 miles mark, as I use the car to travel between portland and san francisco. I missed 60 000 miles service and instead had it done at the 80 000 miles mark. Two weeks after the service the transmission has fallen apart.

- Portland, OR, USA

Mar 052018

HR-V

While driving 80 mph with the cruise set I noticed the vehicle start to heavily accelerate. I immediately turned the cruise off and applied the brake. The brake did no stop the car from accelerating. I managed to slow down enough to shut the vehicle off. All dash board lights came on. I started the car up again and it started jerking as if the brake and gas were being pressed at the same time. The car was towed via Honda care.

- Petal, MS, USA

Jun 092015

HR-V

The seats and seating position in the Hr-V are very dangerous. The seat is so uncomfortable and due to this, I am sitting so close to the awkwardly placed steering wheel that in the event of an accident, the airbag would probably not protect me. The cvt in the Hr-V is so unrefined that when I lift off the gas pedal a little, not all the way, at speeds under 40mph, the car engine brakes so severely that I have to use my left foot to put on my brake lights immediately. I was warned by a fellow commuter that I'm at risk for being rear ended. I've driven for 45+ years and never had a vehicle so burdensome and difficult to control. Total loss of money on my part. Honda seems like they don't care about the buyer. They make sure to only allow 5 minute test drives. I didn't notice these problems until about 10 days after purchasing the vehicle.

- Sammamish, WA, USA

Aug 032015

HR-V

Automobile stalled without warning at low speeds, this lead to near collision at intersection as the car became disabled in the middle of the road, car required multiple restarts to safely get it into a automobile service station; Honda road side assistance dispatched a tow truck and vehicle was taken to local Honda dealership where after inspection I was advised that the vehicle required a new throttle body

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA