Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Odyssey:

Jun 172017

Takata recall my van was part of the recall and the fix was done but when it is humid outside then my SRS light comes on and stays on. When we go down South to Florida then the SRS light comes on and stays on until we get into less humid weather. We are planning on moving back down South and we are worried that the airbags are not fixed right. Also the passenger headlamp goes out twice as fast as the drivers side. I have to replace the passenger side headlamp twice before I have to replace the drivers side.

- Marysville, OH, USA

Jun 102017

Takata recall: I bought a used 2002 odessey with 200,000 miles on it. And after I got it home I noticed the SRS light being on. I thought it is a simple loose connection. But after searching online, it seems to be a serious problem which needs urgent attention and fixing.

- Kennedale, TX, USA

Jan 012015

The high tail brake lamp on the Honda Odyssey from many model years including the 2001 thru 2015 model years burns out at a high frequency impeding the visibility of the vehicle braking and causing a danger of being rear-ended.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 222015

Seat failure - rear ended by Honda Accord at approx. 40 mph while stopped on a 2-lane state highway to turn left. Foot off brake. Propelled forward about 3 car lengths. Massive failure of second row seat backs. Second row seat backs broke and reclined against 3rd row seats. Had there been passengers in the 3rd row, they would likely have sustained serious injuries. Front passenger seat twisted left. Other vehicle (Honda Accord) had front driver-side airbag deployed and driver-side side air curtains deployed.

- Weaverville, NC, USA

May 312015

My Odyssey was involved in a front collision at 45 miles per hour. T-boned another vehicle when they pulled out in front of the Odyssey. Neither front air bags deployed. I had just in the past few months had the air bags replaced due to the recall. My mother who was driving received neck, shoulder and back whiplash and a seat belt burn. The passenger in the other vehicle broke his hip and femur and went into surgery yesterday. Why did the airbags not deploy?

- Asheville, NC, USA

Oct 232014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I was driving 2002 Honda Odyssey ex-L on the freeway. It was a stop and go traffic, vehicle in front of me stopped at certain point and I couldn't stop quick enough. To my surprise the air bag never deployed which caused a whiplash, bruise on the right side of upper body and also my left knee bump in to the dashboard.

- Fontana, CA, USA