Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Odyssey:

Nov 232017

Odyssey

My son was in his car seat in second row behind driver's seat when he grabbed the seatbelt of the middle seat that attaches to the roof and wrapped around his neck. He started coughing when we noticed that he had wrapped the seatbelt around his neck we stooped the car and I went back to take him out but the seatbelt was locked and there is no way to unlock the seatbelt so we had to cut the seatbelt in order to take him out of it. I tried to complain at Honda but they said nothing can be done as its the design of the vehicle and they can¿T do anything. But to me its really very dangerous we were lucky we saw him but a child can easily die because its so easy for any child to grab that seatbelt.I have attached the pic where it shows how that seatbelt works first it locks into 1 and then into the 2 latch. The 1 latch cannot be unlocked.

- Sausalito, CA, USA

Jun 242017

Odyssey

This van was sold to me new from a Honda dealer with an active recall.

- Highland, UT, USA