8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

Jul 182018

Pilot EXL 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

subframe rusted out subframe rusted out

I was checking my rear stabilizer bar links and bushings due to popping noise from the rear of my 2004 Pilot. While inspecting the parts I noticed some rust on the driver side of the body where it attaches to rear subframe. I started to chip away the newly found rust thinking "I will remove this rust and paint the remaining good area so it won't rust any more". Just to find that I had no good area left (see pictures). So I did some research online to find out what my options were. And found that there was no help or recall from Honda. So I looked for independent body shops to do repair but they would not touch it since it was a reliability issue.

This Pilot was maintained meticulously so it runs perfectly without any issues with good body. But I have no option at this point on where to repair this rusting problem before the subframe detaches itself from the body. So if you have this generation Pilot take the time to inspect your vehicle for rusting issues on rear subframe attaching area before it becomes a major problem while driving.

- junjemmm1234, Carmel, US

May 282018

Pilot 3.5L V6 Pfi Sohc

Bought this vehicle used Jan. 28, 2018, was running great until I complained to my service tech. about the

noise in the back end of the vehicle. He checked out the vehicle and found the sub frame rusted away from the frame, bolt & bushings are gone.. I'm checking out the cost of fixing said problem, was told not to drive.

- Margaret H., Eagle, US