6.0

Most common solutions:

1. repaint the car (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra:

Mar 012017

Elantra SE 1.9L 4

click to see larger images

paint is chipping/peeling paint is chipping/peeling paint is chipping/peeling paint is chipping/peeling

I bought the car in mid feb. within a couple weeks of purchasing the car I noticed that there were paint chips that weren't there when I bought the car and the problem just kept getting worse. When I noticed the paint getting bubbles in it I contacted the dealership where I bought the car. They told me to contact one of there other stores to see what they can do. I called the dealer and talked to service and was told to bring my car in and they would take pictures and get the process started. When I drove the 50 miles to the dealership the person working in service would not help me he claimed it was normal wear and tear. If you look at the pictures there is nothing normal about paint peeling off of a 3 year old car. This guy was just a smug little punk too lazy to take his hands out of his pockets and do a little paperwork. This all happened at the Mcgrath hyundai in Dubuque Iowa. They're good at getting you in a car but once you sign the papers you're on your own.

- , Martelle, US