Hyundai Recall 135: Rear Suspension Bolts May Be Loose
2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
If the rear differential loosens from its mounting position, the driveshaft may disconnect from the differential, resulting in a loss of propulsion and an increased risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Genesis Coupe vehicles manufactured December 28, 2011, to April 6, 2015, equipped with manual transmissions. In the affected vehicles, if the differential and the suspension rear crossmember were not properly aligned during vehicle assembly, the bolts that secure the differential may loosen.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will verify the proper assembly of the differential, free of charge. The recall began on December 30, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai's customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 135.
- Documents (10)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: December 11, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 135 – 2013 – 2015 Genesis Coupe Rear Differential Inspection (TSB# 15-01-054)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall Campaign Information Date: December 11, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 135: 2013-2015 Manual Transmission Genesis Coupe Differential Carrier Mounting Bolts
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1