2.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe:

Feb 062017

Santa Fe

Driver and passenger front seat belt buckles have become very difficult to open. Hyundai dealership agreed that the seat belts should be replaced, however Hyundai did not agree to paying for replacement. I believe that the seat belt buckles are defective and a safety hazard. I think that they are defective for having failed when the vehicle is still below 60,000 miles. I think that they are a safety hazard because if we were in an accident, I am not sure whether we could get out of the vehicle. BBB would not take our case in arbitration since the vehicle is out of the 5 year auto manufacturer bump-to-bumper warranty. I believe that Hyundai should reimburse us for the replacement of our seat belts.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

May 272015

Santa Fe

Upon trying to switch my daughter from her car seat to a booster seat we noticed out back seat seatbelts were frayed and damaged, later we found out it was do to faulty seatbelt tentioners.

- Charlestown, NH, USA