6.7

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport:

Apr 302018

Santa Fe Sport 2.0T

click to see larger images

paint peeling and blistering paint peeling and blistering paint peeling and blistering paint peeling and blistering paint peeling and blistering

I purchased this 2013 Pearl White Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T in August 2016. It is my first purchase of a Hyundai vehicle. I've had it for approximately 25 month now. In May 2018, after having the vehicle serviced for recalls, I noticed this big chunk of paint on the hood gone. I thought maybe the service men dropped something on the hood during the repairs, but there was no way to prove this as I had not taken photos of the vehicle before having it serviced. Also, it's not dented in any type of way so I just wasn't sure why it happened. I noticed earlier this week, that there is MORE THAN 30 spots all over the hood that have shipped paint and rust is starting to show. Not just in the front of the car, but ALL OVER the hood!!!!

Carbone Hyundai in Yorkville, NY told me I'm not covered under any type of warranty, though I purchased the "Cadillac of warranties" on top of the manufacturer's warranty. I'm BEYOND PISSED that a car this young, requires a complete paint replacement of the hood. Never in my life, have I had a car do this, even the old clunkers I've driven. I see many, many complaints about the pain chipping on the Internet and I will NEVER purchase another Hyundai. First and Last time buyer.

- tabkat411, Rome, US

Jul 152014

Santa Fe Sport ES

We purchased the "Auto Butler" service to help protect this new SUV. We use the dealership for all regular and ongoing maintenance. When we brought the original chip to the service dept.'s attention, no resolution was offered. After several months the original peeling spot was worse and we requested maybe a "touch up" paint job. The service department informed us they did not perform any of that. They did send their "paint guy" to see what he could do. He took out a "nail polish looking bottle" and dabbed on some white paint. The paint did not match, nor did it cover the bare spot. Since then several more spots have grown across the hood. Today I took it to a local collision shop for an estimate. The salesman was the one who alerted us to the on-going problem with Hyundai. Now, hopefully, we will have more ammunition to bring to the dealership.

- mateuby, Foley, US

Nov 102017

Santa Fe Sport ES 3.0L

click to see larger images

This has been a great car but the paint issue is an eyesore. Have read about paint issues on internet with this vehicle but nothing is being done. Not happy.

- Paul C., Waxhaw, US