7.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

Jul 262018

Santa Fe Sport LL 2.4L Gdi 4 cyl

I see where Hyundai had a recall on 2012- 2014 GDI 2.4L 4 cylinder Engines first of all. Then second of all this is my second Hyundai Sante Fe Sport, but the first one I only had lights on the dash come on and I traded it off before I had it become a problem. Third of all the dealership offered me a special because it was Memorial Day in 2015 on my Hyundai and called it Memorial Day Extravaganza, for an exclusive 20 year - 200,000 mile warranty on my power train. I still have my letter they gave me by email dated May 20th 2015 at 1:49 pm sent to my email. And in that email since my Husband was a Veteran he would also receive a Additional 1,000.00 rebate, and also that the cars would be discounted up to 5,000.00 OFFB on my car.

So we've always changed our oil as agreed...and in fact the dealership offered us free oil changes for life of the car ownership but it is in Rosenberg and we live a good ways away from there so we prefer to trade locally. Most of the time we use oil change places but ever so once in a while I change the oil in my car to save the price. Which I did in June. The car lost power on Hwy 59 on July 26th 2018 while my Son was traveling home from work and actually stalled out on the freeway causing him to have to find a place to pull off the road before he got hit....after he exited the hwy the car just died. He tried to restart it several times and it would never restart. He right away phoned us here in Lolita His parents and explained what happened. So we got in our truck and went to see what we could do to help. When we got there the battery was dead on the car. So firs of all my husband check the oil and made sure there was water in the reserve..and radiator.

The oil stick was showing full. So we tried to jump it off to try and start it. We got it to click but not crank over. We just assumed that maybe the alternator was bad and that it drained the battery all the way down. The lights were not working either. So we called for a two truck. Waiting forever on the side of a busy hwy in the dark. We finally had to leave our car and head home. The tow truck driver assured he would be there in the next 30 min. After waiting more than four hours we were ok with that.

So it is September 7th 2018 and just today we were told by the extended warranty company Enterprise Financial Group Inc (EFG) PO BOX 167667 Irving, TX. 75016 800-527-1984 phone number...that they would not cover our motor claim because there was not enough oil in the motor and that was the cause of our claim. Ok, so back on July When my husband checked the oil by the dip stick why would it show full? And why would our mechanic tell us that the oil looked fine and didn't look bad or sludgy and he thought there was no problem with our oil? So the claim lady told me and my husband that the mechanic didn't keep the oil for them to measure it so they didn't know if he was telling the truth to know. Uhhhhggggg really? He's a Certified Mechanic and we don't know him or haven't used him before and don't live in that area to be buddy's with him.....what is their problem. Really. So I claim BS.

I don't know what to do now. So my husband question was...something had to cause them two rod bearing to go blue and go bad and if it wasn't the oil pump that was bad...then what was it? There was shavings of metal in the oil pan!!! I've seen that in the other comments for the other motors for Hyundai's recalls and also in the comments that they stall and just lock up too. No there were no recalls on my year model. But i did find out that my motor was manufactured in Georgia where all those other bad motors were recalled out of .....so I think I have one of those same bad motors and they think I'm gonna sit back and not squawk.....Nope not gonna happen!!! This lady right here is gonna talk lots of talk. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

- Carol B., Lolita, TX, US

Aug 012018

Santa Fe Sport LX 2.0L

Second time. This stalled while doing 60mph or so on well traveled highway. Pressed on accelerator and no response. Shifted to neutral and was able to restart while coasting. Took to local dealer in Seattle area and left for a couple weeks. Was told they would drive it and try to replicate. Did not happen..very few miles and said couldn't find anything. This crazy given all the report ed similar problems with this car and car maker products. Car has only 21000 miles and other than this like it very much. Very disappointed in dealer and I have been out of country for several weeks while dealer was supposed to fix. Extremely dangerous situation and I must drive it back to home about 1500 miles away. NOT HAPPY.

- Lindon O., Surprise, US