Aug 162019

Sonata

Acceleration problems car stop on me I got my car towed no codes or nothing showed up try to start car at shop smelled a burning smell needs new starter new starter repaired. Couple of days later I stop for a update entire engine gone will call Hyundai tomorrow I have two kids and this is horrible

- New Iberia, LA, USA

Sep 012019

Sonata

Air bag warning light wii not go off

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 182018

Sonata

This started in July 2018. Airbag light on. Took to dealer scanned for error for front impact sensor. Rescanned to repair and no error code so reset light. Drove less than 5 miles and light back on. Took again to dealer March 2019. Scanned for error front impact sensor. Ordered part and replaced so far have over $400 invested. Next day returned to dealer as light back on. Rescanned need to replacesrscm airbag module assembly at $779 to fix maybe. Frustrated contacted Hyundai opened case 15629286. Basically was told out of warranty so they can do nothing, take up with dealer. So since then afraid to Transport front passenger since was told that airbag may not deploy in a crash. I find it difficult to believe that Hyundai will not stand behind their product with all the bad press and recalls regarding airbag issues. I have diligently kept up with the numerous recalls on this car.

- Elizabethtown, PA, USA

Aug 212019

Sonata

I bought this car in 2013 for the Hyundai dealership in gurnee il. Since then I have had nothing but recalls, and issues. All of the recalls for this year and affected my car as in the warning they way may happen actually happen to me. My engine seized up while I was driving with 2 kids in the car on a busy street and I was almost re ended as a result only to have the dealership tell me it wasn't the recall! then later they had to fix it after I work to corporate because it was the 132 campaign recall. The 3 dealership I have dealt with are all rude none want to actually fix your car or help you because its recall work not actually work that they make money off of. Now as of today my airbag light has come on after the "fixed" the newest safety recall, when I called the dealership they informed me they fixed the issue so I will be charged $139.99 for them to even look at it. When will Hyundai be actually held responsible for all of these car issues they are all safety. So far the recalls have been for the engine, seat belts, brakes, air bags, body corrosion, and so on! I thought there was lemon law in place to remedy this, Hyundai product faulty vehicles with the model year 2011 and the consumer if the one lose and spending out of pocket. I had even called corporate before this to try and remedy the issue myself and was told they are sorry some will call in 3-5 days. At this point I am a mother driving around with children in a vehicle that may or may not pop the air bags whenever it feels like or they will not deploy if I do get in an accident. Something needs to be done with these cars they are not safe to be driving at any given time another recall can cause a major safety related crash or death at this point. I have had way to many close call with myself or my kids lives at risk due to Hyundai lack of care for their consumers.

- Harvard, IL, USA

Aug 052019

Sonata

Airbag light on it is a safety issue and many others reporting same issue same vehicle year and model

- Jackson, MI, USA

Jul 032019

Sonata

Takata recall, my vehicle was in motion when my airbag warning light came on 3 week ago while driving on city street and have not come off since then. I have also looked at the car history and have noticed 14 recalls on this vehicle including the airbags. While in motion, my doors unlock by themselves. Lastly, the transmission shift gear sometimes disappear from the dashboard as well as the shift gear which in most case the car wouldnt start or jerks when it disappear while in motion

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 162019

Sonata

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 18V137000 (seat belts, air bags), but the contact felt that the failure may be related to the recall campaign. South charlotte Hyundai (8525 South blvd, charlotte, nc 28273, 980-224-5870) was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 152019

Sonata

The airbag light will not go out. It came on while I was driving on a city street. My daughter was in the front passenger seat. We both had our seatbelts on. I'm concerned for our safety. Not sure what the airbag light is trying to warn.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 262019

Sonata

Takata recall it started like 3 weeks ago sounds like the motor is knocking. Then a week ago my airbag like wont go off.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 072019

Sonata

Air bag light stays on, never had an accident. Had the engine replaced because of failure. Hyuundai replaced engine but now have air bag problem. Car was moving when light came on.

- Flemington, NJ, USA

Jun 062019

Sonata

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. While driving in the rain, the contact lost control of the vehicle. She attempted to regain control, but the steering wheel would not stop shaking. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the steering coupler needed to be installed and the air bag was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer and dealer were not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 131,000.

- Cleveland Heights, OH, USA

May 302019

Sonata

┐takata recall┐ my vehicle was in motion when my air bag warning light came on May 30th 2019 and have not come off since then. I┐ve also looked at the car history and have noticed 33 recalls on this vehicle including the airbags.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 112019

Sonata

I bought this car in March of 2018. They never told me about the 20 plus recalls that were never fixed. I recently had my engine replaced due to a recall. I also have about 20 recalls on this car that were not fixed. After my engine was replaced the Hyundai dealership cleared out all of my recalls as if they were fixed. They were not fixed or replaced, only the engine and fuel pump. They are telling me I have to pay out of pocket for other recalls on the car. They changed the wording to "extended warranty" when the part is on the recall list. Please look into this seeing they commited a fradulent act on me in the past on another car I bought from them.

- Morris, CT, USA

May 012019

Sonata

Out of nowhere, the airbag light has come on, and won't turn off after the engine is ignited.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Mar 082019

Sonata

The vehicle has been at the dealer for more than 60 days and the manufacturer will not proceed with the repair of the safety recalls.

Mar 082019

Mar 132019

Mar 122019

Mar 112019

May 182019

Sonata

I was driving South bound on I-355 in dupage county when I was about to switch over from the 3rd from right lane onto the 4th from right lane to exit when the left back of my car got hit causing me to do a 180 spin into the middle of lane two from left hitting another vehicle but no air bags deployed out. Idk if it's ruled a total lost or not. Insurance have to get back to me. Me and my 2yr daughter was in the car

- Chicago, IL, USA