8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson:

Jun 022018

Tucson 2.0L

At last oil change, asked dealership about car. It felt like something wasn't right. Was told needed brake pads and alignment. Got that taken care of. On June 2nd while driving to my daughters wedding an hour away from home with my newborn baby, car starts knocking and dies. I was 7.1 miles away from my destination and yes, I missed the most important day in my daughters life. Oil light never came on. Saw nothing leaking. Right before car dies, engine light came on. Once car died, oil and battery light came on. I was approaching a guard rail when it died and luckily we were able to coast to end of that to get over little more off of the highway.

Frustrating part in all of this Hyundai power train warranty is original owner only. I purchased a extended warranty capped out on mileage and not by much by 1000 and to top it off I had engines for life with dealership but yet they told me they quit putting the additive in peoples vehicles you have to ask for it yet was never told you had to ask for it. Frustrating trying to find rides to work and no way to fix my car.

- Shannon H., Joplin, MO, US