Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson:

Jul 282019

Tucson

The car when at a stop, you go to press the gas pedal to take off and there is a delay in the car actually acknowledging and taking off to accelerate. It has happened a few times periodically and it is now becoming more frequent

- De Soto, WI, USA

May 312019

Tucson

Lights of stop do not have normal function. Sometimes, turn on and most of time, not.

- Ciales, PR, USA

Jun 062019

Tucson

Right door are not working from in or out side front and back

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jun 202019

Tucson

The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that the brake lights would not operate if the headlights were activated. The brake lights only worked when the headlights were off. In addition, "brake light out" appeared on the instrument panel. The dealer was not contacted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not assist. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Summervill, SC, USA

Jun 092019

Tucson

Front passenger window went down and won't go up. Window motor is working but window won't go up.

- Lares, PR, USA

Feb 072019

Tucson

3 of the 4 windows won't go up or down.

- San Lorenzo, PR, USA

May 022019

Tucson

When I push the acceleration from a complete stop the vehicle will not accelerate. It also jerks when slowing down from gear 2 to 1.this happens a lot on the city street or when in traffic and has almost caused wrecks multiple times. I have taken it to a machanic and they replaced the spark plugs and coils but the vehicle is still doing this and I am unable to drive it in fear of a crash until find out if this is the same recall from other 2016 Hyundai Tucson transmission electrical system maybe. Appreciate your help.

- Horse Shoe, NC, USA

Nov 012018

Tucson

The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. While driving approximately 65 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed; however, the vehicle failed to respond. The vehicle was taken to lithia Hyundai of fresno (located at 5590 N blackstone ave, fresno, ca 93710, (559) 899-3257) where it was diagnosed that the failure was due to the ecoshift dual clutch transmission. The vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 16V628000 (power train, electrical system); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012019

Tucson

I purchased this vehicle new in 2016. Until now, the only issue has been accelerating from a stop, like everyone else. Now, the doors are not operating properly. In March 2019, the front passenger door stopped opening from the outside. It would unlock/lock, but the outside handle would not operate and open the door the inside handle did operate. Hyundai repaired/replaced the part under my extended warranty for $50. In April 2019, the back passenger door failed. This time it would not operate from the inside or outside. The dealer tried to make me wait wks from an appt, but this is a real safety issue with passengers/children in the back seat. What if there was an accident? I inquired about recalls, especially with passengers not being able to get out of the car, but was shut down by the mechanic. A quick google search suggests I'm not the only person with this issue.

- Green Lane, PA, USA

Mar 022019

Tucson

I purchased the 2016 Hyundai Tucson in October 2015. The following year I noticed that sometimes when I¿M stopped and go to accelerate, my car will not go anywhere for a few seconds then it takes off. This is very dangerous when it comes to pulling out onto a busy street. It didn¿T happen often but has gotten worse over the years. Now lately, I have been getting ¿check bsd system¿ warnings. This happened once one day and then increased significantly since. Now my car will give that warning, acts like it shuts off, and wont go anywhere and I¿ll have to restart my car. Or sometimes it will be in 2nd or 3rd gear and that warning will pop up and immediately shift to 0. after this happens there are 5-6 warning lights that light up on the dash board, including the check engine light. This has progressed over the last 3 days, ultimately making my car not drivable. I am taking it in tomorrow. Every time this happens I¿ve been in ¿drive¿ and either stopped at a light or evening in motion.

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Dec 082018

Tucson

Once per day, while driving on flat ground, the car displays the message "steep grade! press brake pedal" (page 5-20 in the owners manual). When this happens, the car completely dies and can not accelerate. I have to put my hazards on and coast to the side of the road! this is extremely dangerous! I have taken it to the dealership 3 times, however they claim they cannot reproduce it. The problem happens for me once per day! I opened a case with Hyundai corporate but the case is open and unresolved because the problem is intermittent and only happens once per day. An intermittent problem is still a safety hazard, especially when it causes the driver to lose the ability to control the vehicle! it is a safety issue that could directly cause an accident. The NHTSA needs to be aware of this and Hyundai and their dealerships need to take ownership and make corrective actions before someone gets seriously injured by this defect. I have a video of the issue occurring that I'm happy to share as well.

- Temperance, MI, USA

Nov 242018

Tucson

The electric system is acting up. The answer and hang up bottom on steer stop working for months, the driver side window want go down.and the key in the car.it say that key not detected

- Temple, TX, USA

Oct 192018

Tucson

NHTSA campaign number: 16V628000 manufacturer Hyundai motor America components power train, electrical system we had this recall 'repair' in 2017, but the issue remains. Not able to accelerate, especially when vital, such as crossing an intersection, merging into traffic and even as basic as pulling away from a stoplight/sign. It is a danger to us and other drivers. We have had this issue since we bought the car brand new in 2015, and it only gets worse the more miles we put on the car. The recall fix did not correct the problem, and we only just learned today from Hyundai customer service that we can still request service, which we are doing this week. But, this issue needs to be re-evaluated. As to when did this happen (below), I will put today's date, but this happens every day, all day long. We are aware that it's there, so we compensate for it all the time, and it shouldn't be that way.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Feb 012018

Tucson

The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that the rear driver side tail light signal failed to remain illuminated while completing a left turn. The contact had to manually adjust the turn signal lever to complete the turn. The vehicle was taken to new rochelle Hyundai (125 E main street, new rochelle, New York 10801, (914) 618-4209) for diagnostic testing, but no failure was found with the driver and passenger side turn signals. The dealer also test drove the vehicle and was unable to duplicate the failure. The contact also stated that the high beam headlights activated on their own and the lane change warning system also failed to alert when a vehicle was in close proximity. The vehicle was taken back to the same dealer, but no failures were found. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 9,453.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 052018

Tucson 4-cyl

First I¿ll start with Hyundai's commitment. ¿all of us at Hyundai are working to deliver exceptional customer service and complete owner satisfaction. While we take pride in our brand and are committed to always improving vehicle quality, technology, and service, we understand that sometimes problems can arise. If they do, we want to be the first to help. If you¿ve had unsatisfactory service, have concerns about your warranty, need to issue a complaint about your vehicle, or have received a solicitation letter from a lemon law attorney, please let us know. While you may have considered contacting the better business bureau (BBB), lemon law attorneys or your state's attorney general, our customer care department is here to address any concern you might have¿no issue is too big or too small. Our goal is to give you one-on-one, personalized service and provide you with the best possible solution in the shortest amount of time. That's our commitment to you.¿  my truck continually stall & stop in traffic it makes a loud knocking, ticking hissing sound while driving. Faulty fuel pump and fuel injectors causing unbearable burning smell. It rolled backwards while at a traffic light. Engine failed and the car stayed in the shop from 6/11/18 to 9/4/18 and returned on 9/6/18 then released on 9/18/18 and returned on 9/18/18.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Dec 152015

Tucson

The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that the electrical system warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was serviced at sheppard Hyundai (2300 w 7th ave, eugene, or 97402, (541) 343-8811) per NHTSA campaign number: 16V628000 (power train, electrical system); however, the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the electrical system warning indicator remained illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,800.

- Pleasent Hill, OR, USA

Jul 212018

Tucson

I have owned a 2016 Hyundai Tucson for 2.5 years. In that time it has been in for several issues that can not be duplicated when at the service center and deemed "working fine, no codes present at this time". my issues have included loss of transmission control after a stop (software update fixed), intermittent headlamp that won't turn on, the media displaying "battery discharge warning" while car was running and in motion (headlamp replaced after several times taking to the dealership and I was lucky enough to have the warning light go on while the technician was there). Now the computer/dash board is restarting itself at 45 mph. This has occurred two times. The dash board went dark for 1 second and then started back up through is startup sequence. During this time, the engine is still running but I have no control over the transmission. If you push on the gas pedal it will increase rpms but not accelerate. During this time it is necessary to pull over and turn the car off and then back on. Again, no codes thrown and not reproducible at the service center. The service center found that the positive battery terminal was not completely tight and thought maybe this caused the issue. I am frustrated that something that could happen easily as this doesn't show up as an error since it caused a unsafe driving environment. 24 hours ago, while trying to make a left hand turn at a busy street the car started forward when gas pedal pressed but then stopped moving forward only to lurch forward after a second and pick up speed. I know that if I take it in for this it will be the same story: "we found nothing wrong. No codes thrown, bring it back if it happens again." This car is not safe to drive and the manufacture will not buy it back since there was no defect found...

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jun 142018

Tucson

Installed trailer hitch and wiring on said 2016 Hyundai tuscon and wiring module shorted or malfunctioned causing defective lighting on trailer. Checked online and found that a recall for this problem does exist from Hyundai ( recall campaign 153 ) and this vehicle does fit the manufacture date within the recall but the dealer and Hyundai customer when notified said that this VIN # is not included in the recall even though I am having the exact problem the recall is for. I am making this notice in that should there be a problem in the future that I have tried to get the problem resolved and the company chooses to dismiss my claim. This problem exist moving or stationary, but is extremely dangerous at night and especially when changing lanes or turning

- Port Royal, PA, USA

Jun 192018

Tucson

After purchasing the vehicle the mileage was not adding correctly, I bought the car with approximately 104 miles on it and after 2 weeks of driving approximately 200 miles the total miles on my car was 150. My car automatically starts on occasion when I use my key fob to lock my doors. My stereo/gps/back up camera view doesn¿T work at times. I have had several occurrences in which the transmission feels as though it 'slips¿ and others in which I have to press the accelerator (gas pedal) to the floor to get my car to move. Today I was completely stopped at a red traffic signal, upon green I stepped on the accelerator (gas pedal) and my car responded as if it were in neutral and I stepped on the accelerator. The engine revved and it moved a few feet. I have less than 33,000 miles on my car and I have had issues since I purchased it. I have taken it to the dealership multiple times and they say they ¿can¿T duplicate¿ the issues I¿M having. Transmission appointment is tomorrow. I would like notifications of any recalls, I am unable to check the box at the bottom of the page I am submitting.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Nov 302017

Tucson

Since I bought the car in Dec 2015 this has happened 3 times. While I am driving the message "battery discharge warning! please use the system with engine running" at Hyundai of louisville in dixie they said nothing was wrong. Latest time it happened 11/30/17 while driving it for oil change to Hyundai oxmor I asked to have that message checked they said it was just a glitch. The 3 times I am driving (highway and street), so the engine is running. After turning the engine off and on again it quit.

- Louisville, KY, USA