Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson:

Feb 232018

Tucson

At times when I stop and accelerate the car hesitates to move then it jumps and goes making it dangerous.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Feb 112018

Tucson

Car will no longer accelerate over 60mph and when the car is in drive it sometimes will not accelerate for a couple of seconds from a complete stop

- Highland, IN, USA

Dec 042017

Tucson

The vehicle at times when going from a stop will occasionally totally lose all propulsion for a split second which has caused me to almost be dead in traffic. It is very scary when it happens. I don't know if it is a engine or transmission or fuel problem. I had the problem with a 2014 Santa Fe. My brother in law has the same problem with the same vehicle.

- N Port, FL, USA

Oct 022017

Tucson

I have an acceleration problems, from the time I purchased the vehicle. You date below indicates only 1 time. So when the car is stopped and trying to pull out onto a highway or trying to make a turn across a lane of traffic, there is no acceleration, no gas, a hesitation I can punch the gas pedal to the floor before it actually will move then there's a lurch forward. This is a big concern, I can not have any traffic at all oncoming if I need to make a turn. This happens pulling onto the interstate, also from a stationary or almost stationary position. I can't have any traffic coming there's such a hesitation. I'm afraid this will result in a collision. This doesn't happen every time, I'd say a 50/50 chance of it happening. I haven't had an accident yet because of it. Very concerned, afraid to let anyone drive the car as I'm aware of the issue and am very cautious.

- Clarks Summit, PA, USA

Oct 042017

Tucson

Bought 2017 Hyundai Tucson on September 8th 2017 1st time in shop 10-4-2017 to 10-7-2017! we picked up car and drove maybe 5 miles to have accelerator (gas) not go when turning on a busy highway light came back on, car back in shop 10-7-2017 to 10-19-2017 reported it is fixed! drove morning of 10-20-2017 and light came back on! from 10-20-2017 to now and still ongoing eta 12-15-2017! this vehicle scares me! it has left me stranded miles away from home, and all of a sudden it just stops very scary someone will die with this ongoing problem! I do not want to drive in fear it will just decide to stall. I drove car off lot with 31 miles and has less then 2000 on it now! I still do not have my car back and honestly scared to drive it!

- Benbrook, TX, USA

Oct 262017

Tucson

Car will not accelerate when gas pedal is depressed standing at red light. Very dangerous. I was almost rear ended.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 102017

Tucson

Car will not accelerate from stopped position at stop lights when gas pedal is depressed.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

May 282017

Tucson

After stopping the vehicle does not respond to the gas pedal, severe lag. I have almost been in 3 accidents in 2 weeks, I am on blood thinners so this presents a life threatening issue for me, I am pursuing all complaint options and looking for a full refund. The car is only 2.5 weeks old and has less than 100 miles on it. The problem is intermittent so you can never be sure when it is going to happen.

- Lakeville, MA, USA

Feb 152017

Tucson

My vehicle is unpredictable when shifting or accelerating. I have had it loose all power when trying to accelerate when pulling into traffic. Also it seems to go into a neutral state sometimes or does not shift properly and runs the rpms high and shifts up and down before catching the right gear. I have already had and update at the dealership and was told that there would most likely be more and that it's like having a manual transmission that goes into neutral by itself and to just be aware this could happen. Not comforting to me. I have also had problem with any acceleration when in reverse being sluggish or not moving a couple of time.

- Bristow, VA, USA

Nov 112016

Tucson

We just purchased a 2017 Hyundai Tucson sport. The car has a serious issue of no acceleration after a stop, merging, passing on the highway and turning at an intersection. The car hesitates when you hit the accelerator, sometimes leaving you nearly stopped in a an intersection waiting for a car to hit you. If you choose to change lanes on a highway the car will hesitate when you press the accelerator to make the lane change. My wife has stopped driving the car due to the seriousness of no acceleration and safety concerns. We have taken the car back to the dealership and they said the diagnostics show that the car is fine and it is how the Hyundai transmission works in these vehicles. I think the car could be a "lemon." Not sure what to do.

- Willowbrook, IL, USA