6.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Jeep Cherokee:

Jun 192019

Cherokee

The light turned green at an intersection. The vehicle was in drive, I pressed the gas and the vehicle would not respond. When it did respond the vehicle jerked into gear and RPM's rose quickly.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 262018

Cherokee

Service shifter light came on.. 2 days later car turned off while in driving saying change gear but I was currently in the correct gear. Very dangerous I was dropping my son off too school and car stoped in the middle of traffic

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 282018

Cherokee

While in motion with cruise control set at 65 mph the transmission jerked twice and the engine revved up and as if it was in neutral, stayed that way as if the accelerator was stuck. I hit my brakes because we was losing speed and when stopped I tried to put in park but it sounded as if gears was gri. Ding I had to shut off the Jeep to make it stop revving. I was in the middle of the 4 lane and could only shift to neutral and row backwards into the median. I was unable to put back in drive with put gears grinding. I had been driving approximately 40 mins at a speed of 60-70 when this happened. No warning lights and nothing on the dash at time of issue.

- Pound, VA, USA

Apr 282018

Cherokee

Cruise control keeps coming on and off. 2.4ml engine stalls a lot hard to stop car with cruise control on and it's goes in and out on its own

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 042018

Cherokee

First started with jerking as you're driving at one time we were at a stoplight as and it the car just wanted to take off by itself and we almost got into a car accident the car is always low on oil I mean we bought the car with 3 miles within weeks it would actually had no oil my husband thought out maybe the manufacturer just didn't fill it up all the way by mistake didn't check it out so he went and purchased will put oil in it two weeks later took it for an oil change and we already a quart low car waste is gas like crazy we are constantly filling up every 2 days and then car doesn't really go anywhere but from what 15 miles a day on our way to Kansas so we were coming to a curve and my husband try to hit the brakes and the car did not break it actually accelerated and he had to put the car in neutral as he was driving just to slow it down to avoid getting into an accident I mean we've always had trouble with this car since day one I bought the car in October and we've had multiple issues then I hear recall about a hose for the gas line that we're going to have to take it in for something definitely wrong with these cars

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Apr 242018

Cherokee

I got on I-95 from the lantana exit heading West and I noticed that the dashboard speedometer accelerated to 119 mile per hour but the vehicle itself was not moving at that speed. I exited two exit's later onto gateway blvd and the dashboard speedometer was still showing that I was going at a dangerous speed than I was actually going. I called schumacher delray where I now lease the vehicle from and I was given an appointment for Friday 4/27/2018. I also emailed the manager ken cadmens and executive director sal delgreco and I am still awaiting a response. I obtained this vehicle approximately one month ago where I gave back a 2016 Jeep patriot which had dangerous wheel bearing issues that caused the tires to wear as though they were 10 years old. About (3)three weeks after, leasing this new 2018 Jeep Cherokee on March 14, 2018, I was informed through credit karma that my 2018 Jeep Cherokee may (not for certain) have dangerous safety issues that can cause a crash and fatality and that I should get it checked out. I contacted the same two above individuals previously mentioned immediately by email to inquire about this credit karma report regarding the vehicle safety. However, to date April 24, 2018 they nor anyone else has gotten back to me. Fast forward to today, I am now beginning to have this serious problem of an excessive speed reading of the vehicle speedometer showing on the dashboard. I can only hope and pray that the vehicle does not accelerate it self to the actual excessive speeds that it is showing on the dashboard.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Feb 142018

Cherokee

Going 65 in the highway in the middle lane, the park assist suddenly kicked in without warning and shifted the vehicle into neutral. After drifting to the shoulder, the car would not engage into drive again. The car is less than a month old.

- Alexandria, VA, USA