Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee:

May 102019

Cherokee

My car shut off in the middle of the road or at the stop sign several times. I had to restart the car in order to start it and drive. The brakes have also squealed several times while slowing down on the local streets and interstate. The bluetooth takes 10-15 minutes to add the phone and sometimes does not connect until car is restarted. These incidents started to take place in May 2019

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Sep 232019

Cherokee

TL the contact owns a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. While driving, the vehicle shut off and the battery warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Jefferson, GA, USA

Sep 202019

Cherokee

Twice this week my car has suddenly died while driving it and would not start back up, battery light comes on. I have had to wait before trying to start again and got it started by pushing the gas down while turning the key. Luckily I have been on my dirt driveway both times. I'd be terrified if this happened on a busy highway, I'm getting more and more disappointed with this vehicle.

- Bucyrus, MO, USA

Sep 182019

Cherokee

This is the 2nd time the 2019 Jeep Cherokee completely lost power and shut off while driving. All warning dash lights came on after pulling off the road put in park and restart. Warning says tran need svc. Acc/fcw limited functionality. Frontend and rear collision disabled. The shifter is loud and clunky when putting in gear. Dealership said when it happened 3months ago there was nothing they could find wrong. Please help B4 it shuts off and someone gets hurt. Thank you

- Inverness, FL, USA

Apr 152019

Cherokee

On 2/28/19 I purchased a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. On 4/15 I had to have the transmission replaced due to leak & failure. On 5/27 I had to have the dash instrument panel replaced due to failure, which I have video record of. On 7/10 I had to have the park sensor replaced due to failure & the vehicle throwing itself into park instructing me that door was ajar when it wasn┐T. I can only imagine if this had happened while I was doing 70mph on the freeway. My VIN is not showing in any of the recalls, however three recalls pertain to me. So I need to know what to do to make ppl aware of these recalls. My VIN needs to be added to the list. I have all repair reports needed to prove my vehicle is a safety issue. I have repetitively asked Jeep to place me in a safer more reliable vehicle and they refuse to return my calls or assist me in any way, stating that ┐this is why we have warranties┐ someone needs to contact me about this issue. I need help before my vehicle results in a fatal crash no kills my family and me. I am noting that I contacted the NHTSA about this issue on 9/11 and am awaiting a response.

- Atlanta, TX, USA

Aug 302019

Cherokee 4-cyl

Twice I have driven my car and when slowing down the battery light comes on and the car shuts off. I put the car in park and turn the key to the off position and then turn back on and the car runs again.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 282019

Cherokee

This has happened on two occasions once on the highway in traffic and yesterday 8/28/19. Both times while the car was in drive sitting in traffic the car would stop and the parking brake will engage and after following the instructions on the dash the brake will not cut off. Both times I had to put my car in park in the middle of traffic to turn it completely off and restart it. I bought this car last October 12th, this has been a known issue with Chrysler per your site since October 19th of last year. It states Chrysler was supposed to reach out to purchasers regarding this issue and now almost a year later I have heard nothing. It's completely unacceptable and I risk my life everyday I step foot in this car.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

Jun 012019

Cherokee

The engine would complete shut off while in motion and require me to fully remove the key and restart the vehicle in order to get to a safe location. Happened multiple times and the dealership service center can┐T find the problem with it.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Aug 262019

Cherokee

Takata recall this morning 8/26/19 we were driving up a hill at a light in rush hour traffic and the car just stopped and completely cut off while still in drive. We attempted to turn the car back on, but the only thing working were the brakes. Realizing it had stalled, we attempted repeatedly for about 5 mins and were able to turn the car back on. The only light that flashed was the battery light. Dealership said there is no recall and wants $80 for the diagnostic test. Took it elsewhere and no codes came back. Problem still remains an issue.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jul 222019

Cherokee

5th complaint here about this vehicle which is now lemon law buy back due to lunging against the brakes at a stop, failure to shift properly and a throttle responsive clunk that has never been resolved. The only repairs fca would approve is reprogramming the computers which was completed several times and still has these issues.

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Aug 192019

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. While driving 45 mph, the battery and electronic throttle control indicators illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The contact was close to home and managed to restart the engine after a few minutes to drive home. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 16,467.

- Holbrook, NY, USA

Jul 272019

Cherokee

On July 27 2019 at 12:39 am my 2019 Jeep Cherokee caught on fire while parked at my condo complex at 1138 valley road in wayne New Jersey. The vehicle had been parked since 4:30 pm on 7-26-19. There was no indication or warning lights that may have indicated a problem on 7-26-19. My neighbor called police at 12:39 am stating that my vehicle was fully engolfed in flames. When the fd arrived they concluded it was most likely a manufacturing defect or electrical. My insurance company has since looked at the vehicle with a fire inspector and also corporate Jeep and has determined it is a manufacturing defect of some sort. Jeep corporate is now launching a 30 day investigation.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Jul 032019

Cherokee 4-cyl

Had this car 1 month a after almost being rear ended twice found myself jumping out the car before being hot by semi.. and several times by other cars almost reared me.. the start/stop system is at fault..is Jeep or its makers going to take responsibility if I get reared because car didn't start to keep up with traffic.... I can prove my point.... I'm sitting in stop and go traffic on the interstate all the cars in front of me takes off semi coming up behind me assumes I am taking off as well and doesn't plan on coming to a complete stop... I'm hold brake with left foot..to keep from rolling pressing on accelerator car does not start. Freaking out bail out the door in front of on coming vehicles almost getting run over by them as well truck stops 2 inches from my car.. is Chrysler going to pay for my car and injuries over this flaw and not have to resort to my insurance. Because of their forced flaw.. I'll send a copy of this to my friends who can also relate to this problem thanks for listening...

- Poquoson, VA, USA

Aug 092019

Cherokee

When driving vechicle at about 50-55mph battery light and stop/start technology light comes on on the dash.shortly after I lose power steering.this has happened three times.very dangerous since you can lose control of vechicle.I have been able to pull over and shut down and restart vechicle to regain control.seems to happen randomly.brought to dealor after two times.they flashed and updated software, so they told me.happened again after about 7-10 days.very dangerous.vechicle under warranty.Jeep does not seem to know the cause or the solution.please help before something happens to somebody.vechicle was travelling straight, in motion.when stopped at light or sign, could not turn.power steering was lost.engine still on, but no turning or steering function.happened once on highway, and twice on city streets.

- Colchester, VT, USA

Aug 092019

Cherokee

"takata recall"for about a week and a half, the battery light flashed once or twice while driving, and close to two weeks while driving all power was lost. The vehicle just stopped in the middle of the road, while it was still in motion. Thank god I was not on the freeway. It was early in the morning, and the street was not crowded. I activated the emergency lights, and waited a few minutes then restarted it. I drove it for about fifteen miles. While doing so the battery light kept flashing intermitently. Vehicle is not safe to drive, there is something wrong with the electrical system. Waiting for the dealer to fix the issue(s).

- Bedford, OH, USA

Jul 212019

Cherokee

Ignition not starting at all while pushing starter button and pressing brake pedal. Jeep has been in the shop several times. Key fobs replaced, starter button replaced and receiver hub replaced. Jeep continues to have this problem intermittently over the last 6 months.

- Joplin, MO, USA

Jun 012019

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2019 Jeep Cherokee. While driving various speeds the vehicle suddenly shut off. The vehicle was taken to world Jeep (681 strewsbury ave, strewsbury, NJ) where it was diagnosed that there was a loose battery electrical cable. The cable was replaced, but the failure continued. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the alternator was faulty. The alternator was replaced, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Port Monmouth, NJ, USA

Apr 072019

Cherokee 6-cyl

2019 Jeep Cherokee. Consumer writes in regards to illuminated auto stop start light. The consumer stated the dealer advised not to run the A/C on high due to the battery not having enough voltage.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Jun 042019

Cherokee

Electrical issues. The stop/start and stability control go out while driving. Seems to be random. This happens while driving. Dealership says nothing is wrong. I┐ve captured dates and times this has happened and it's frequent - several times a week. One time I lost power steering and speedometer. Dealership said 24 codes went off. Couldn┐T T find problem. Rebooted computer and said that it was fine. It isn┐T fine.

- Depauw, IN, USA

Jun 152019

Cherokee

The past five days, every time I turn left or right my "low oil pressure light" comes on. I keep up with my oil. When I start my vehicle and drive about a mile, my start/stop will stop the vehicle and my battery light will turn on when my batteries life is at 14.2 V. the voltage of my battery has been moving back and forth between 13-14.2 it will not go any higher or any lower. My car should not be completely shutting off when I'm driving it. After my battery light pops up, a message on my vehicle will say put your vehicle in park and once I do I turn my vehicle off and try to start it and it won't. after the third time of trying to restart it it hesitates but does start.

- Summit, IL, USA