8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

Nov 022018

Cherokee Latitude Plus 3.2L V6

While driving to the movies in my NEW 2019 Jeep Latitude Plus, we stopped at a red light and the engine just cut off. This wasn't to unusual at first since the vehicle is equipped with the ESS start/stop system; however this time the engine failed to come back on and all the warning light came on a the car, just died right their in the middle of the road. Very dangerous as their were cars behind us and I could not even turn on the flashers. Had to get it towed to Redman Toll in Langhorne, PA, and they had to keep the car for around a month. Their service department performed a multi-point inspection. Replaced PDC Power Distribution Center, Engine Starter, Relay Starter, Front Fascia and Lower Grilled.

Honestly, this car should be recalled in my personal opinion. I have an incident which I will record separately.

-Rick

- Rick K., Langhorne, PA, US

Sep 082018

Cherokee Latitude

Left my home after lunch on a Saturday, got out to the main highway and the car died, battery light came on, wouldn't do anything. Had to put the car in park and crank the car again. Car cranked right up but it has happened more than once, never happens until the car has set all morning and not been cranked till after lunch.

Took it to the dealer regarding the problem but they can't find anything wrong with it, told me to try and bring it when it happens again (dealer isn't open when this happens of course). The last time it happened I was able to grab my phone and record it, sent it to the guy over the service department but they still couldn't find anything. They did replace the throttle body with a new one off of a vehicle identical to mine on the lot to hopefully fix the problem but it didn't. The salesman has been emailing the Chrysler Engineer about the problem but still nothing.

I have 3 children that ride in this car and I DO NOT want to have to worry about this problem with them in the car!! Bought this car brand new in June 2018 and I should not be having this problem!!

Someone PLEASE HELP TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!!!! I don't know what else to do!

Thank you and have a blessed day!!

- Danielle W., Sulligent, US

Oct 242018

Cherokee Limited 3.2L V6

While driving in the fast lane, the engine completely shut down. This, while traveling on a major interstate during rush hour. Could have led to a very dangerous situation. Luckily, I was able to get over to the breakdown lane by coasting. I did not lose steering or braking ability. Once to the breakdown lane - I was able restart the car and with the hazards on, I crawled along the breakdown lane with the engine running @ 3rpms in low speed until I could get to a safe location. The vehicle needed to be towed for repair - now losing it for at least two days while a repair is underway. (no idea what this entails yet).

I travel a great distance back and forth to work each day and the safety of this vehicle is now in question and I would not recommend it to anyone needing a dependable and safe car! The situation could have been much worse and I am thankful it wasn't. This is my second Jeep purchase and have not had anything happen like this before with the Jeep brand....however this is a game changer for me!!

- Rrea G., East Providence, RI, US

Jul 122018

Cherokee Latitude Plus 2.4L

Driving up a hill to a stop sign and once I reached the top of the hill at the stop sign the vehicle shut down. The battery light came on the dashboard. No other lights. Was able to put in neutral and restart the vehicle. Vehicle ran rough right after this happened. I was only a couple blocks from my home so pulled into my garage and shut the vehicle off. Let it sit a couple minutes. Restarted it and drove it a few blocks. Everything seemed OK.

Called dealer and reported the issue. They are going to look into it when I take it in to have the transmission valve body replaced. Kind of ironic that my 2019 has these two problems currently that the 2014 and 2015 had the highest reported complaints....transmission issues and engine shutting down.

Update from Oct 19, 2018: Has not reoccurred and now have just over 3000 miles. Dealer did nothing. Said they checked over everything. Very concerned as there is a recall for this, but my production date is not within the production dates of the recall. Very depressing Jeep is saving money by narrowing the scope of their vehicles that are affected. When it shut down it did the same thing like everyone else states, battery light comes on and lose power of the vehicle. Recall description indicates the same. Very disheartening to go thru all these problems with a brand new vehicle. The only good thing is it happened once and has not happened again.....yet.

- cweb98, Lincoln, US