Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Compass:

Apr 112018

Compass

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Compass. While driving and shifting into second gear, the vehicle lost power and would not accelerate. The contact pulled the vehicle over to the shoulder, waited a few seconds, and the vehicle began accelerating normally again. In addition, the brakes failed and the ABS warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to homer skelton Jeep Chrysler (7661 us-51, millington, tn 38053, (901) 872-0195) where it was diagnosed that new brakes with sensors and pad locks needed to be installed. The brake failure recurred. The acceleration failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 51,117.

- Milington, TN, USA

Jan 162019

Compass

Constant squealing and grinding noise and has been occurring since Iżve purchased the vehicle. My vehicle now has 14028 miles on it and the brakes still makes this noise when coming to a stop.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jul 122018

Compass

I purchased the 2016 Jeep Compass used from robertson Honda in palmdale ca. The next day I noticed the breaks made a squeak sound when I applied the breaks at a complete stop. I took it back to dealership, they checked it again, and told me I had nothing to worry about; the breaks were sound and not worn out. Then today I found out from credit karma that there was a recall on my car. IżM concerned and would like the problem addressed. I was not told by the dealership that my car had a manufactures recall.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Feb 012017

Compass

The contact owns a 2017 (na) Jeep Compass. While driving the vehicle, it began driving in circles. The brake pedal was applied, but failed to respond. As a result, the vehicle crashed into a snow bank. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and unknown repairs were performed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 230. Updated 06/02/17 the sencond incident, the car was backed out and vehicle suddenly picked up speed and brakes failed to stop the vehicle. The third incident, vehicle did not stop at stop sign.

- Port Jefferson, NY, USA

Dec 092016

Compass

On December 9, 2016 I rented a Jeep Compass and on that day I had a roll over accident. I was driving in the country. Very low traffic area. Before applying the brake, I was driving at a safe speed for the road conditions - fifteen to twenty mph on fresh snow and some packed snow over a paved road base. At about twenty to twenty five feet before a stop sign I began to apply the brake. The brake did nothing. There was clicking noises and the Compass seemed to accelerate. I continued to apply the brake as I rolled through the stop area for the stop sign. The paved road ended at the stop sign and turned into a dirt road base. At this point I turned the wheel as the momentum continued. I was hoping the dirt road base would provide grab for the turned front tires and steer the Compass to the direction of the dirt road. There was no grab and the Compass continued to drive across the dirt road for about another twenty feet as I continued to apply the brake. I had applied the brake for about forty-five feet when I see the ten foot drop ditch ahead of me. The Compass didn't slow, ever. It seemed to accelerate. It wouldn't be directed by steering it. I had no control over it. At this point I did all that I could think of to avoid an accident. I looked at the ditch and knew that the SUV and I would receive damage. The Compass rolled into the ditch. When the SUV finally stopped I was up side down. For me to best describe this Jeep Compass is that it was a "terminator". it had a mind of its own. Once I applied the brake, I had no control over it.

- Tucson, AZ, USA