Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Patriot:

Mar 252012

Patriot

Takata recall my car is been having this problems almos 7 years the first one was the start engine, second one was the air bag light, thirt one the air conditions, sometime when I'm driving it just turn off, while I am driving it starts to whistle or during the night it just sounds very long lime someone is just passing it. When I went to the dealer they didn't do anything about it and want me to pay just for inspection no to solve the problem

- Bell Gardens, CA, USA

Apr 272019

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. While driving approximately 20 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of a second vehicle. The front end of the contact's vehicle sustained significant damage; however, the air bags did not deploy. Also, the front passenger seat belt failed to secure the occupant, causing the passenger to make contact with the dashboard. The passenger sustained neck and torso injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not towed. The cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer and local dealer were not notified. The contact indicated that the vehicle was previously service per NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags). The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Vancover, WA, USA

Sep 192018

Patriot

I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot and it has been having random issues that it turns out are related to a failed tipm which Chrysler knows about and is not addressing. My horn randomly honks, the airbags did not deploy in a recent small accident, and now the car won't start. All of these items are noted as related to a failing tipm and all can be found all over the internet when searching for "2010 Jeep Patriot won't start". based on the most recent problem (no starting), I replaced the battery and the starter with no fix. Jeep should have to fix this if they have known about it and the potentially dangerous implications. Right now the car is parked in my driveway because I had to get it towed home.

- Harlem, GA, USA

Jul 272018

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact called on behalf of the driver. While driving at a low speed and making a left turn, the vehicle was struck by another vehicle. As a result, the vehicle crashed into a guardrail. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact mentioned that the seat belts failed to keep the occupants restrained. A police report was filed. The contact stated that the driver and front seat passenger sustained minor injuries, which did not require medical attention. The contact also stated that the child in a child safety seat on the rear driver's side sustained a burn from the seat belt. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for diagnostic testing or repairs. The contact emailed the manufacturer in regards to the failure. The failure mileage was 92,772.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 062018

Patriot

My air bag light came on while driving. I took to Jeep delearship and was told that even after the repair, there is no guarantee that the airbag would deploy. They preformed the repair but the air bag light is still on. They said I would have to pay for some rewiring in the driver seat which would cost about $300. I am concerned that the airbag will just deploy spontaneously or not deploy in a collision. Will you please advise me what is suppose to happen after this recall and what I should expect. Thanks.

- Oklahoma, OK, USA

Aug 202016

Patriot

Manufacturer recall numbers61 NHTSA recall number16V-668 recall statusrecall incomplete. I have been aware of this recall for over 12 months with no availability for resolution. My local stealerships state that they do not have any replacement parts in spite of the extended duration of time that has past. Please note this safety complaint is being made due to the ongoing and unreasonable timeframe I am experiencing. I dont feel safe to have my wife in the car due to this recall. My airbag light has been on for over a year and I have no way to resolve this issue. Please inform me of how I can followup on my complain. Nichoals cook 724 andrew ave ne massillon Ohio 44646

- Massillon, OH, USA

Sep 132016

Patriot

This complaint is about the safety recall being identified, but no parts ever available. Recall date was September 13, 2016, and we are about to enter August 2017.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Patriot

Ive been waiting an unreasonable length of time (8.5 months) for Jeep to make a occupant restraint control module for my car. I'm trying to use my car for employment (uber, lfyt, delivery driving) but unable to because I keep failing an inspection because there is a sensor light that shows up on my dash board. I can't wait till August, I would like to return my car back to the dealership for a functioning car please. I have bills and can't afford to wait any longer.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Patriot

I was informed about the latest recall for the orc (16V-668) last October and it is almost the end of June with no word on when to expect replacement parts. The notice mentioned parts may be available starting in June 2017. I feel that this shorting condition that may cause my airbags to not deploy is a major safety concern and a remedy should have been available by now. In the meantime, I'm driving around in this vehicle and risking my life doing so. This matter is not being remedied in a timely manner. I am very upset with fca on how this is being handled.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 222017

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The dealer stated that the parts were not available and did not know when they would arrive. The contact was upset that he could not trade in the vehicle due to an open recall. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- West Covina, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Patriot

Still no remedy for this recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our other car is on the same recall!!!!!!!!!! we hit a deer & the airbags did not deploy

- Sautee Nacoochee, GA, USA

Nov 162016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. While driving various speeds, the vehicle would hesitate without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags); however, the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA

Sep 172016

Patriot 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/13/17

- Vilonia, AR, USA

Apr 042016

Patriot

We have 2 vehicles under recall S61/NHTSA 16V-668 dated 10/01/16 and still no remedy. This recall puts our lives in Jeep's hands every time we drive our cars. The other Patriot under this recall was hit by a deer while driving and the airbags did not deploy. Luckily, that time we were not injured, but what about next time?

- Sautee Nachoochee, GA, USA

Patriot

Jeep has failed to fix the issue with recall NHTSA recall number: 16V-668 manufacturer recall number: S61 recall date: October 1, 2016 I drive my children in this car, I would like to think we are protected by the seat belts and air bags.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Jul 102015

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the air bag warning indicators illuminated. The contact stated that this was a recurring failure. The vehicle was driven to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 81,012.

- Sabegal, ME, USA

Jun 082015

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. While driving 55 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was injured but no medical attention was required. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 172014

Patriot

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, she was involved in a crash. The exact details of the crash were not available. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained minor injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 70,000.

- Alexandria, KY, USA