Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

Apr 092019

Renegade

Not even 1 month of purchasing the Jeep I was driving on I 40 when all the sudden the Jeep shifted into neutral so sh*ted it back into drive and took it straight to larry H miller and they had it for 3 days I got it back and since that day it pops into neutral again at least 5 more times this time I was driving it on a business road so now I always have to keep my hand on the shifter just inase it happens again and also my lights keep going dim my radio lights and my light in the whole Jeep and every time apon acceleration the Jeep seems like it skips

- Albuguerqe, NM, USA

Aug 152019

Renegade

Car will fail sporadically to accelerate while trying to merge into traffic I was almost hit by other vehicles more than once I've talked to others with the same car and all of them described the same exact experience it's only a matter of time before someone is killed.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Aug 132019

Renegade

My vehicle jerks forward when I accelerate from a complete stop. This also happens most of the time when I am driving 30 M.P.H. or less and try to accelerate. My car will jerk forward and back, then operate normal. My reported this issue with my dealership, but they couldn't find anything wrong and sent me off. I've gone to them twice, and simply gave up, but the issue is still there. I purchased my car in 2015. It's very annoying, but there doesn't seem to be a recall for this issue, although, many customers are experiencing the same thing. Same model year (2015), we're all not crazy, there is definitely an issue with the 2015 Renegade's transmission.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jul 072019

Renegade

We purchased our vehicle at approx 23K miles it immediately started shifting hard. We were advised that these vehicles are know to do that so we didn┐T pursue the issue! however in July 2017 when on a trip to Maryland while climbing mountains and coming down them the transmission would not shift out of 4th gear. On the down side of the mountain when it wouldn┐T shift we would have to pull to the emergency lane, put the vehicle in park, turn off for a few minutes and then try to merge into traffic again at 70+ mph. Our transmission acted up more than 4 times doing this. I have asked for the dealership to look into it and they keep stating they can┐T find anything wrong with it. We live in Indiana and the road conditions are not the same however the hard shifting occurs here. We are still under original manufacture warranty at this time. It seems to be a know issue with the 9 speed transmission for the 2015 Jeep Renegade but nothing has been done or able to be done to fix the issues!

- New Albany, IN, USA

Aug 012017

Renegade

Vehicle will randomly accelerate without any input from the gas pedal. This can vary from a short burst of speed and a spudur to a long term acceleration that only stops when applying the break. Even when stationary the vehicle will raise rpms considerably wanting to lurch forward if not in park. This issue began to be noticeable around the 25,000 mile mark in my case.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 072019

Renegade

My garage has a slight incline. When I put the car in reverse, it jerks back and forth until I apply the brakes. Also when it shifts into second gear, I feel a slight hesitation and a hear a clunking sound.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jul 192019

Renegade

I was making a turn from a stop and vehicle would not accelerate when gas pedal was depressed it took about 5sec for the vehicle to accelerate. It was almost hit by on coming traffic, this has happened numerous times. The vehicle doesn┐T shift correctly from a stop and does not accelerate quickly. This will cause someone to be killed.

- Walkersville, MD, USA

Jul 172019

Renegade

When idling and sometimes while driving the vehicle radiator cooling fan constantly wobbles and grinds against the shroud.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Mar 012019

Renegade

When driving if you have to accelerate quickly the Renegade will essentially idle and hesitate before jerking forward. Happens specifically when having to change gears. Has nearly caused an accident numerous times.

Mar 012019

Renegade

When driving the vehicle shifts hard and jerks out of the first 1 to 2 gears.

Jul 022019

Renegade

While backing out of a parking spot, (I had switched the vehicle to reverse and had begun moving), my Renegade switched into neutral and stopped backing up. I tried switching back into park and into reverse again but instead the vehicle repeated the issue by going into neutral instead of reverse. I had to turn the vehicle off and restart it in order for the vehicle to operate properly.

Jun 252019

Renegade

Vehicle was in forward motion making a left turn at a traffic light when the automatic transmission shifted to neutral. Dashboard alert came on that the vehicle would have to be stopped before it could be shifted. Had to stop the vehicle, shift to park, turn the vehicle off and turn it back on before it would shift back into drive.

- Milford, CT, USA

Jun 052019

Renegade

Hesitating, rough shifting and stalling. Will hesitate so bad when starting from a stopped position, and going into 2nd gear (9 gear trans) that I've been rear ended, in traffic, because my car has essentially stopped. Only 41,000 miles. Worst is when fully stopped and are only slightly accelerating to about 15 mph. Such as in traffic, a parking lot, or turning. Has stalled in middle of a intersection while turning. Won't restart for approximately 20 mins has been to dealer 3 times. They've "fixed it" each time. Have finally approved a new trans

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 012018

Renegade

Hard shifts in the first few gears ( hard jurks) and also clunks.. when moving shifter into and out of park, nuterual, reverse and drive it clunks.. hesitates to shift when stopped or slow moving. When on highway has alot of dragged has hard time keeping speed and when passing it take the vehicle few seconds to speed up, have to push peddle to the floor and after few seconds it finally speeds up. In cruise control its constantly having a hard time keeping its speed constantly jumping into higher gears to catch up to the set cruise setting. Every time I take it to the shop and ask whats going on they say its how the Jeep Renegade was made, its normal for it to do all this.

- Rich Hill, MO, USA

May 302019

Renegade

The transmission of my vehicle has been doing hard shifts and, at times, not shifting at all when the gas petal is pressed which has subsequently has almost caused major accidents. The RPM gauge rotates exceedingly high to the point of the feeling of stalling out before the vehicle actually shifts into gear, especially when in high traffic, stop and go roads such as cities where breaking and accelerating are frequent. When the vehicle does finally shift into gear, it feels as though the back of the vehicle has been hit because it lurches forward in such an extreme and forceful manner. This problem has been complained upon by many 2015 Renegade owners and upon bringing the car in for maintenance, are told its ┐just the way the car is built┐ or ┐it's performing as it's supposed to┐. I believe this is a serious safety issue that needs to be addressed and investigated for a solution before harm comes to the occupants or other nearby motorists.

- Vancleave, MS, USA

May 012016

Renegade

The transmission is causing safety issues. When accelerating after a very slow crawl or stop, the engine shuts off. No warning lights, no sounds or any indication that its about to shut off. This happens sporadically. Also, when accelerating after a very slow crawl or stop, the vehicle lags and jolts forward. Feels like someone has hit you from behind. No warning lights, no sounds or any indication this is about to happen. This also happens sporadically. There were a few near-accidents due to the vehicle shutting off or lunging in intersections. It has happened on city streets and freeways.it was taken into the dealership to survey. It died in their parking lot twice. They claimed it was the oil, the battery, electronics, or that it was driven awkwardly, etc. They have held the vehicle for over 30days, did software fixes, changed the oil, changed the battery. I also went through the Chrysler dispute resolution. Which was unfavorable to myself due to dealership claiming nothing was wrong. Dealership did not notate true experiences with the vehicle to Chrysler. Vehicle still stalled and lunged thereafter. I refused to drive it due to safety reasons and had dealership buy it back at bluebook value so that I could purchase a safe reliable vehicle. There is a class action suit regarding the transmission. I did not claim into the class action suit because at the time, I was in the process of the dispute resolution.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 112018

Renegade

The vehicle would go into neutral while driving on the highway and also would make a loud noise when going into reverse. When the vehicle would go into neutral while driving, I would put the shifter back in drive and it would make a loud banging noise of some sort. I definitely don┐T feel safe in this vehicle whatsoever.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

May 102019

Renegade

I parked my Renegade in a store parking area, came out of the store and restarted my car. The car let me drive 1/4 mile then at a stop light I changed gears and the car would not go into any gear. It will not shift into a gear, including reverse. The clutch pedal works. The car will move in limbo gear slowly if I attempt to drive it. I have no idea what gear or how fast it will go. This is dangerous when driving. I'm glad I was at a stop light when it happened and not while shifting the gears.

- Rochester, NY, USA

May 022019

Renegade

I was driving on the freeway and my car started losing power then started jerking and shaking the car. I couldn't speed up, I could hear the engine revving up but nothing. I had to pull over and turn off car and start back up, I still couldn't hit 60mph I the freeway so I got off the freeway and took the streets home. When running the car under 30mph the car was fine but once I hit the higher gears my car would shake or just down shift on its on.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Mar 122019

Renegade

Takata recall I was not able to shift my Jeep into park. I can not shut it off. I was not able to go to my job. I had to let it run out of gas for it to shut off. Because of this I lost my job. I have not been able to make my payment. Please help.

- Fargo, ND, USA