Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

Mar 272019

Renegade

Intermittently, the power steering would go out and service airbag light would come on dashboard. After several times restarting the car, the car power steering would continue to go out and light come on. After about 4 hours, the car was turned off on a city street, all running lights and radio stayed on, keys were removed, and car was completely unresponsive to keys, key fab, or buttons on door such as power locks/ windows. Car was towed to dealership for service.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 102018

Renegade

Takata recall - service airbag light keeps popping

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Oct 262016

Renegade

For the fourth time I took my car to the service at the dealer, and for the fourth time the same problem occurred received a 'service power steering' dashboard message....and the vehicle has no power steering. I have 20,000 miles on my vehicle. After I leave the car for two month in the dealer finally they call me and said my car was reedy as today March 2018 but continues with the same problem. I am of course concerned that my power steering could fail while I am driving the vehicle could cause serious accident. This happen one time already, IżM very frustrate I donżT know what to do this point. If some could help me or indicate what to do thanks. Same problem here- except total loss of steering while on highway. Numerous electrical issues, 7 total since 2016, 16 days and counting in service bay and not driveable. This car is a nightmare. Dealer service they don't know how to service

- Stickney Il, IL, USA

Oct 112016

- Stickney, IL, USA

Mar 152016

Renegade

I have had the Jeep for 18 months, bought brand new, and have in shop at least 14 times. The scariest problem was when I pulled out into traffic, got up to about 35 mph and the car went into "lockdown". car put itself into neutral, air bags turned off, brakes didn't work, and just about every other system turned off. This has happened 3 times and the 1st 3 times, they kept saying it was a software update. Turned out the engine thermostat was reading it was -40 degrees and this caused it. Now I have a service tire pressure system warning, after having to replace all 4 tires after only 28K miles. This is an unsafe vehicle and have been trying to work on lemon law in Florida, but now my Jeep rep is gone and looks like I have to start the process over. Why doesn't Jeep just recognize that this is a severe safety issue and I won't let my wife or son drive this vehicle, but I need it to get to work, risking my life every time I drive it.

- Bristol, VT, USA

Mar 072017

Renegade

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Renegade. While at a stop light, another vehicle rear ended the contact's vehicle. The driver side seat belt failed to retract. In addition, there was white smoke coming from the engine, which caused the vehicle to stall. A police report was filed. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained chest injuries and whiplash that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the seat belt needed to be replaced. It was unknown what caused the smoke. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 34,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Sep 232016

Renegade

Was going approximate 25-30 mph switched lanes and the traffic stop I pressed the brakes and here was a grinding felling and hit the back of another car and did substantial damage to the front end of my Jeep and the airbags did not go off

- Carney's Point, NJ, USA

Jun 022016

Renegade

The passenger seat will not always activate the airbag sensor when a person is seated, it will activate when a lunch bag is placed on it. The seat belt alarm on the passenger front seat does not always work. The vehicle under normal speeds have been alerting that the vehicle is overheating and slows down attempting to shut the engine off causing the danger of a crash to possibly happen. The dealership is unable to replicate any of the issues described, and has stated that the passenger must gain weight to activate the sensor.

- Beaufort, SC, USA