4.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

Mar 272019

Renegade

Intermittently, the power steering would go out and service airbag light would come on dashboard. After several times restarting the car, the car power steering would continue to go out and light come on. After about 4 hours, the car was turned off on a city street, all running lights and radio stayed on, keys were removed, and car was completely unresponsive to keys, key fab, or buttons on door such as power locks/ windows. Car was towed to dealership for service.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 012019

Renegade

Initial take off from a parked position, the transmission jerks hard through gears 1-3 in automatic transmission. Coming to a stop or slowing down it kicks hard, often times jerking forward and not stopping. Turning the wheel left or right, there is a grind or rub within the rack and pinion system. No warning lights on the dash or check engine lights are present.

- Caraway, AR, USA

Nov 052018

Renegade

The vehicle switched gears on its own, couldnżT recognize when I tried to put it in park or any other gear, and stalled out on me. Now shows that the power steering needs to be serviced.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Oct 262016

Renegade

For the fourth time I took my car to the service at the dealer, and for the fourth time the same problem occurred received a 'service power steering' dashboard message....and the vehicle has no power steering. I have 20,000 miles on my vehicle. After I leave the car for two month in the dealer finally they call me and said my car was reedy as today March 2018 but continues with the same problem. I am of course concerned that my power steering could fail while I am driving the vehicle could cause serious accident. This happen one time already, IżM very frustrate I donżT know what to do this point. If some could help me or indicate what to do thanks. Same problem here- except total loss of steering while on highway. Numerous electrical issues, 7 total since 2016, 16 days and counting in service bay and not driveable. This car is a nightmare. Dealer service they don't know how to service

- Stickney Il, IL, USA

Oct 112016

- Stickney, IL, USA

Mar 152016

Renegade

I have had the Jeep for 18 months, bought brand new, and have in shop at least 14 times. The scariest problem was when I pulled out into traffic, got up to about 35 mph and the car went into "lockdown". car put itself into neutral, air bags turned off, brakes didn't work, and just about every other system turned off. This has happened 3 times and the 1st 3 times, they kept saying it was a software update. Turned out the engine thermostat was reading it was -40 degrees and this caused it. Now I have a service tire pressure system warning, after having to replace all 4 tires after only 28K miles. This is an unsafe vehicle and have been trying to work on lemon law in Florida, but now my Jeep rep is gone and looks like I have to start the process over. Why doesn't Jeep just recognize that this is a severe safety issue and I won't let my wife or son drive this vehicle, but I need it to get to work, risking my life every time I drive it.

- Bristol, VT, USA

Aug 212015

Renegade

My transmission had been slipping in the lower gears, and especially when I turned corners. Finally the car got stuck in 5th gear, and barely goes when I hit the gas. Both the transmission and engine light came on. I am taking it in.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jul 032015

Renegade

I purchased the car brand new and had it for 6 days. We drove from denver to breckinridge. We were coming down the mountain when the car shut off going 70 miles an hour. At one point the hydraulics went out and the brakes did not work. We pulled the car over to the side of the road. It took about 10 minutes to start up the car again. We proceeded on, thinking it was something with the altitude and was a fluke. No, it happened to us again. The same thing. The car shut off again going 70 and the brakes didn't work. It was terrifying. The car was towed back to the dealership. It needs a new transmission and associated parts, on a new car with 400 miles. If this was in the winter and the roads were icy, my family and I would have been dead.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 172015

Renegade

I was on the highway when suddenly my brand new car stalled and would not shift back into gear. The car became immobilized and had to get towed back to the dealership. They replaced the fuel valve and did not test for transmission or electrical issues. Two days later the same thing happened on the highway. I took it to a different dealership and they did not know what was wrong with it, so they updated the software in the car because two updates were available. I got the car back and it broke down for a third time, again after only 2 days. The car is currently in the shop and Chrysler is reluctant to buyback the vehicle. Nobody can figure out what is wrong.

- Northfield, IL, USA