Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Wrangler:

Sep 252017

Wrangler Sport 6 cyl

Live in Indiana and bought Jeep new in 2002. Went today to have two new tires put on and was told they could not lift or jack the jeep up, due to the amount of rust on the frame. They showed me the problem and I can put my fingers through the frame and it is also rusted through in areas. I've never abused the vehicle by off-road thru mud, water, etc. The passenger side at this area is rusted out, while the driver side is not. What gives. Once I was able to get under the vehicle at the shop, I could see how most of the frame and components are rusted. It's disgusting that this could happen even though the jeep is 15 years old. For this to be that rusted, the metal would have to be faulty. Either that or I parked my jeep in salt water every night. Just another example of America heading down the tubes. I'll take it to a dealer to look at, but I'm sure they'll just use their only response: " Must be your driving habits"

- , Greenwood, US

Aug 012017

Wrangler X 3.2L V6

I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler that I LOVE like my child...I have owned it for 7yrs.We have just recently discovered a serious rusting problem on the frame behind the right front tire,almost to the back on both sides.I have no other option but to keep driving it,and hope for the best,Is this not something that Chrysler should be recalling these Jeeps for?After searching the Internet,it appears this is a very widespread,and common problem with several different brands of Jeeps.I am desperate to talk to somebody about getting this repaired,and I can't afford it...Please advise me what to do before I possibly hurt myself and a lot of other folks on the road.SHAME ON CHRYSLER for selling us all a cheap piece of CRAP..

- , Charlotte, US

Feb 062013

Wrangler Sport 4.0L V6

Paid all that money for a ruff and touch vehicle and frame is completely rusted and it will cost $2500.00 for a new frame plus labor. Very disappointed that the warranty does not cover longer than 5 years. Really Suck!!!!!! Will never buy a Chrysler again. So disappointing!!!!!!!

- , Berlin, NJ, USA