7.5

Most common solutions:

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
  3. replaced the transmission sensor (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Sorento:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.

Nov 242017

Sorento EX

HAVE A 2011 KIA SORENTO (PURCHASED NEW). I STARTED HEARING ENGINE NOISE , CAR NOT WANTING TO ACCELERATE. TOOK IT TO KIA SERVICE DEPT, WAS TOLD IT NEEDED A NEW TRANSMISSION. THEY ARE FINDING METAL PIECES IN THE OIL. I THEN ASKED WHY THIS PARTICULAR MODEL WASN'T A PART OF THE RECALL THEY POSTED EARLIER ON THIS YEAR MODEL SORENTO. I WAS TOLD THAT MY CAR WAS MANUFACTURED IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. I THEN SAID WHY DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AS THE RECALL HAD DESCRIBED. THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO HIT ME WITH $2900 REPAIR BILL BUT I AM GOING TO FIGHT IT.

- rbessie, Dallas, US

Oct 092017

Sorento 2.4L

2011 Kia Sorento, between 60-80 mph car jerked, then went on as usual. Happened twice this morning. Any help?

- kmotter, Newnan, US

Oct 152012

Sorento EX 3.5L

Bought this car new in 2011. Have had the jerking when shifting since then intermittently. Took it in to the dealership but they can never find out what's causing the problem because the car doesn't jerk when it's in their possession or have the check engine light come on. Driving on the highway the car would have an enormous jerk making me think that I went over something, but nothing was there. The car would not go when in Drive without putting emphasis on the excelerator when stopping at red lights or in traffic. You can take your foot of the brake and the car would just sit there. The jerking has now continued to all shifting gears, from Drive to reverse or even in neutral.

Kia is not very good at finding these problems until the car goes out of warranty then it becomes the buyers problems......how convenient!!!!

I'm not certain if they purposely do this or if they have inexperienced mechanics!!! Can someone please apply a fix to these issues!!!

As with some of the others on here......I have owned my FIRST and LAST Kia!!!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE!!!

- Sue G., Parsippany, NJ, USA

Jun 012014

Sorento 2.4L

The car was jerking between 1st and 2nd gear. Mentioned it to the dealer a few months ago and they said there was nothing wrong. It was getting worse and doing it several times a week. It is annoying and scary. I was driving carefully as braking suddenly made it worse. Brought it to the dealer again but this time i went to carcomplaints.com to see if others were having a similar issue. YES. I brought up this fact to the services manager. They changed out the transmission sensor. You have to take out the transmission to do that. Not something they enjoy doing I'm sure. No charge. Warranty. It was done yesterday. I will report back in two weeks as to whether or not solved. Fingers crossed.

- Patricia H., Portland, OR, USA