Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

Jun 282017

Sorento

My rearview camera works when it wants to. (it doesnt work more than it actually works). The controls on the steering wheel are scrambled ex. I pree the volume up or down, and the voice command activates, I can't even mute through the buttons etc. The electrical problem also causes the tail lights to work/not work and constantly have to change the bulbs because of the burnout. I've been pulled over several times for this. The other issue is that now the airbag light has come on, so I don't know if that's a general malfunction or a result of the electrical problem. Also, the A/C doesnt work

- East Greenbush, NY, USA

May 182019

Sorento

Brought my vehicle back to dealership for Kia recall SC148. Tech applied silicone, a 'suggestionż in recall. If problem persists, which it did in our case, rear wheel hubs need replacing. When brought in originally for recall, vehicle had 84,972 miles. Stability control warning lights on dash stay lit. Car is now over 100K miles and dealership says it is out of warranty. Repair will cost us $982 now. No one from Kia corporate ever returns my phone calls, numerous calls. My case #is 13183158 from Kia.

- Ave Maria, FL, USA

Sep 222018

Sorento

My vehicle stalls in motion. Speed is inconsequential. Whether I'm on a city road or expressway, the check engine light flickers, and the engine stalls. It's very dangerous on the expressway. I have to coast in front of other speeding care to the shoulder. After a couple of minutes, the vehicle will start again and the check engine light turns off again. The situation repeats itself. Check engine code reflects faulty map sensor. It's been replaced twice. I continue paying for diagnoses, but the answer is the same. Map sensor, or we don't know. It continues to be a safety issue. Now the air bag light is illuminated, and I don't know if it's related or an airbag issue, and I can't continue paying for the Kia dealer, or certified repair shops to charge me only to say "I'm not sure." The buttons on my steering wheel are no longer working consistently. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. it's random. One repair facility said they can replace my main computer for about $2000, but they can't guarantee it will resolve the problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 132017

Sorento

The car is moving proceeds to come to a crawl and stop I have a video and the dealership is clueless. This has happened multiple times

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jun 072016

Sorento

I was driving 70 mph down highway when car shutdown and sterling locked, unable to control vehicle. Come to find out next few days it was the accelator that caused it. I had no control and almost got killed by a 18 wheeler driving in next lane.

- Scio, OR, USA