9.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Kia Sportage:

Nov 082017

Sportage

I have had my car for 30 days & after driving for about 5 miles this morning my tire warning light said the psi was at 19 for my rear driver side, seconds later it was a 0. I pulled into a gas station where we discovered a huge tear in the side wall of my tire. This is definitely a defect as I have not been in an accident or scrapped any curbs however, once I got it to the dealership they said that this had to be caused by me possibly hitting something. I think I would remember hitting something that would cause a slice across my passenger rear tire. So in a nutshell I was forced to buy a new tire $181 for a car I have had for 30 days. Neither grossinger Kia dealership or hankook tire would take responsibility. I was just about to get on the expressway and thank goodness the tire malfunctioned before I did.

- Evanston, IL, USA