5.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport:

Dec 122018

Discovery Sport

I was driving from westchester county, NY to long island via I-695 heading toward the throgs neck bridge on 12/12/18. I was in the left lane just before the last exit before the bridge when my dashboard went dark, the red battery light (below the speedometer) came on, I lost power and steering. Luckily a small shoulder opened up and I was able to tug the wheel left to get into the shoulder before my car completely rolled to a stop. I avoided a crash but it was luck. I had to be towed off the highway and back to the dealer. Clearly this was no battery issue (as driving recharges a batter). The dealer's service center diagnosed it as a disconnected vacuum line. The repair notes indicate that it was reconnected using a "zip tie." When I inquired about whether that was the appropriate fix, the dealer sent me lr's technical service bulletin describing the repair for a certain range of vins, including mine. The zip tie is the last step - the bulletin also says the locking ring needs to be discarded and a new one installed. The dealer still has not confirmed with me (2 days later) that they did this. In any event, this is more than a technical service issue; this could be a life or death issue that warrants a recall for affected vehicles.

- Mount Kisco, NY, USA

Jun 012017

Discovery Sport

Vehicle has severe defects relating to the climate control functions. 1) in hot weather, it cannot cool down the car, 2) due to having to keep the climate at lo/max, I am getting 9-10 mpg (16 city is stated), 3) independent climate control functions do not work, 4) no ventilation in 2/3 of car.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA