Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lexus HS 250h:

Aug 092017

HS 250h

click to see larger images

rear lower suspension recall rear lower suspension recall

The 2010 HS250h Rear Lower Suspension Arm Recall Flaw

The safety recall work caused non-recoverable damages to the rear tires of my 2010 HS250h. Toronto Lexus told me that the damages to the tires wereRear due to misalignment by Westside Lexus. Lexus USA only reimbursed me a small portion of the total cost (redo of recall work + 4 new tires). Neither Lexus USA nor Westside Lexus would pay for the damages on the tires.

The story

I purchase the Lexus 2010 H250h from Westside Lexus Houston in 2010. On April 10, 2015, Westside Lexus did a Recall Work on the rear suspension arms (rear tie rods). At the same time, I had Westdise Lexus installed 4 new Dunlop 225/45ZR18 tires.

Feb. 2017 I moved back to Canada.

On the long weekend of Aug. 2017, I was driving on highway near Toronto. One of rear tire suddenly burst out. I sent the car to a Lexus service center in Toronto for repair. The technician told me that the tire was not repairable. There was uneven wear-out on the inner edges of both rear tires. Toronto Lexus told me that the uneven wear of tires was due to misalignment of tires by Westside Lexus. And it was also related to the rear suspension arms recall work. Since epoxy was applied to the rear tie rods, those rods were no longer adjustable. Toronto Lexus had to redo the recall work and replace all 4 tires. Toronto Lexus charged me total $1762.82. The technician also had given me a report of the misalignment by Westside Lexus.

- , Toronto, ON, Canada