Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKZ:

Dec 192018

MKZ

Upon starting the vehicle, when I put the car in reverse order drive in low speed or getting into gear the car sputters. It stalls and powers off, creating a hazard. It is beginning to happen more frequently. It will act as if it is not receiving fuel and it makes me restart it. Most occurs in parking lots or driveways.

- Adelanto, CA, USA

Nov 202018

MKZ

Vehicle suddenly dies when driving without warning. I purchased the vehicle one month ago. Brougt it to the dealer for the bolt recall and stalled while dealer was trying to pull it into the bay. After that point, the vehicle died while drivng on numerous occasions. Went to the mechanic one two occasions and no codes pulled. Called dealer and they said I needed to go to a Ford dealer. Went to Ford dealer one code pulled (fuel injector) was replaced recommended I change transmission fluid and replace battery which I agreed to. Forty minutes after leaving dealer as I was oulling out of a parkign lot the car suddenly died again almost causing me to be hit by a box truck behind me. The car is back at the dealer and once again no codes are coming up and they said they cannot duplicate the issue. Went onto Mkz forums and this appears to be a problem not addressed which is causing a significant safety concern for both myself and others since there are no answers to why this is happening.

- Derry, NH, USA

Apr 222017

MKZ

My mpg experience to date has been in the 14-17 mpg range. Copies of three tank refill gas receipts showing odometer mpg readings are attached. I am 81 years old and a conservative driver that neither drives at high speeds nor rushes forward out of stops. Lincoln and dealer advertise 21 mpg in city driving. I took the car to the dealer and they certified performance in the 15 mpg area. ( copy attached). I have also corresponded with Lincoln. Copy their last letter stating that they would reply to stating that they "were not able to be of further assistance " - is there anything you can do to help? cordially raul herrero 305 793 7272 rherrero@ralco.org

- Coral Gables, FL, USA

Jan 022014

MKZ

Car rolls on its own without depressing brake or engaging any gear. Vehicle has done this about 5 times in past 6 months and twice in the last 6 weeks. Car is very dangerous at "any speed" since it "runs" on its own. Ford should rename this Mkz hybrid vehicle either: Dmd for "driving miss daisy" or uas for "unsafe at zero" puf for "pure unadulterated fiction" Ford has lied about car performance (advertised 45 mpg city + highway for both 2013 & 2014 hybrid models) when I only get about 60% of that - 28 mpg (documented) in order to gain market share (hybrids esp. Lexus). Ford blames its own wind tunnel tests for overstated mpg (maybe tested with hurricane sandy at their back). Now, this car drives itself, a nice safety feature huh ? and, Ford never issued me any recall on its unique "invisible chauffeur driven" vehicle.

- Scranton, PA, USA