Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
Below is an email exchange between owner and Mazda Experience Center:
I am frustrated for a variety of reasons; I don't appreciate the misinformation we have been provided thus far nor the fact that it is nearly impossible to receive any of the items we have been requesting.
To start with, you denied Owner’s request to speak with a supervisor or manager regarding our case. For what reason?
Second, you initially told Owner we could not submit further documentation, but now are going backwards on that. Can you please confirm what your actual policy is? Why would you advise him that we couldn’t submit further documentation unless that was company policy?
The document you just sent to me is not what I asked you for. The document you provided is an overall estimate for the cost of repair. I am requesting a breakdown for what portions Mazda is willing to cover, and what I have to cover as the consumer, and the basis for those calculations.
Unfortunately, throughout this process we have been misled and misinformed. Simply ‘confirming my case has been documented’ is not sufficient. I would like a copy of my case file, as well as all relevant findings that Mazda is basing its decision on. This is not proprietary information and there should be no issue releasing documentation that is related to my vehicle.
You have stated we are ‘so close to the warranty expiration,’ which is true. However, the industry standard for the margin of error when it comes to odometer readings is 3.75% in either direction. Odometer calibration testing was not performed during the diagnostic. Therefore, it is entirely reasonable to assume that we actually are still within warranty, as 3.75% of 61,700 is 2,313 miles. Allowing for the margin of error would still put us within warranty.
As my final thought, Owner and Spouse were not aware we would incur any costs as part of the diagnostic. It is my understanding that Mazda cannot mandate a service to the consumer unless it is free of charge. In this instance, we were told our only option was to take it in to the dealership, in which case we should not be responsible for that charge.
Our car is currently sitting at the repair shop without an engine in it, in non-operating condition. We are making payments on a car we are unable to use. And, we cannot proceed with anything until we have the things I have requested from you, in writing. To summarize:
- Estimate with breakdown of costs, and what Mazda will cover and what we would have to cover.
- Summary of our file, and the basis for the findings
Once we have received those things in writing, Owner and Spouse will know how to move forward.
We have filed for mediation with New Motor Vehicle Board. However, I really hope we can come to an amicable agreement on both ends before we have to pursue that further.
- Brandon M.,
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, US