Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Mazda CX-5:

Jan 262018

CX-5

The contact owns a 2018 Mazda Cx-5. while pulling into a parking space at 5 mph, the vehicle accelerated on its own while the brake pedal was depressed. As a result, the vehicle drove over a median and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to schwartz Mazda (585 shrewsbury ave, shrewsbury, NJ 07702, (732) 945-5100) to be diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was then taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing and repairs. The manufacturer was notified and did not assist. The failure mileage was 650.

- Ocean, NJ, USA

Jan 102019

CX-5

On January 10, 2019, I slowed down in my local grocery store parking lot, going about 10 miles and hour, and was coasting into a parking space at about 5 mph. It was about 1:15 pm on a sunny, clear day. I was applying the brake to stop the car as I pulled into the spot yet I was going slow and coasting straight into the spot. Suddenly, the car sped up, the brakes had no response, and the car accelerated hitting 3 parked cars near the parking space. I did not have my foot on the accelerator, I had my foot on the brake... but more than anything, I had no control, it was unintended acceleration. Then the car stopped after I hit three vehicles and fortunately no humans. I was shaken, but no bags deployed. I have approximately 6950 miles on this car. I have been the only owner. I am afraid to drive this car because I am concerned it will do this again and I will be in traffic or near people and I could hurt or kill myself or someone else. There was no warning of any problem. I don't want to update my documents on the internet but will submit once I have an NHTSA employee reach out to me. My records include a filed police report, a report with Mazda corporate (as of today) and pictures of the vehicles which are available upon request.

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA