9.8

Most common solutions:

1. jump start (5 reports)
  2. replace battery (2 reports)
  3. replace battery with heavier duty version (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mitsubishi dealer.

Apr 292016

Outlander Sport ES 2.4L

Having many issues with this car. If I was given the opportunity I would go back and have never purchased it. The dealership stated that the battery had never been fully charged. It had to be towed and left at the dealership over the weekend. It was awful. I missed work, because I didn't have my brand new car, I had bought only three months earlier.

- Leah S., Kennewick, US

May 102016

• CVT transmission

Battery failed about nine (9) times, replaced twice by dealer. Dealer needed to "diagnose" the dead battery for two (2) weeks. They did give me a loaner but there is no excuse for taking more than ten minutes to diagnose a dead battery. They they had the nerve to tell me that they were able to obtain permission from Mitsubishi to replaced the battery the second time. As if to say, it wasn't under warranty but they did me a favor. The first time, they pulled out the dead battery and replaced it. About 15 minutes. What changed? Owning a Mitsubishi vehicle and coping with the most unethical dealer ever in existence caused me to trade the vehicle as soon as I received a recall involving the transmission. No way would I let them work on the transmission after they didn't know how to diagnose a dead battery. I'll never buy another Asian car.

Sep 262015

• CVT transmission

New battery dead. Jump start again. Late for appointment.

Sep 142015

• CVT transmission

Battery drained overnight again. Got jump start, went to dealer. They read the code and said "it says the battery is dead". Duh! Dealer replaced battery.

Jan 272016

• CVT transmission

Sat at dealer for 15 minutes and the battery went dead. Dealer diagnosed battery and alternator and declared that both tested good. Kept the car for two weeks and finally said the battery had a dead cell and had to be replaced. Dealer is totally inept at reading their own test equipment and diagnosing a problem.

Jan 212016

• CVT transmission

More of the same. Dead battery. Another jump start using my own insurance.

Jan 182016

• CVT transmission

Another dead battery, another jump start, using my own insurance policy. Told dealer it is critical that I have power to run the car and our portable oxygen generator for my significant other. If she loses oxygen power, she may not survive.

Oct 062015

• CVT transmission

Dead battery. Another jump start. This time Mitsubishi Roadside Service told me my service was cancelled and I had to use my own insurance policy for a jump start.