6.5

$1,300

Most common solutions:

1. found small leak in hose (2 reports)
  2. replace air conditioner (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Altima:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

May 162019

Altima SL 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

Went from CA to Phoenix AZ, and my a/c wasn't blowing cold air. Vehicle has less then 60,000 miles and find it odd it needs a new compressor already. Looked on here and turns out other people have issues with there A/C as well. Looks like Nissan Altimas have defective compressors.

- Jhan T., Pittsburg, CA, US

May 182017

Altima SL 4

• CVT transmission

The air conditioning started to not keep up with the summer heat in Florida. Found out how much the repair was so put off replacement for the winter and had repaired at the start of Summer 2018. When it first started to not put out cold air I bought coolant kit, this did not help, Took it to Tuffy's auto repair and they said I had a coolant leak in a metal part and they replaced it for a few hundred dollars. This also did not fix the problem, filed a complaint with Tuffy's corporate and they refunded me the repair cost.

Took it to Nissan and other air conditioner shops - they both diagnosed AC compressor replacement. Nissan dealer told me this was a common problem with the Altima especially in Florida where the Ac is used year round. As a matter of fact - when I took it to Nissan for repair they fixed it right away because they had the parts in stock. In stock! - yes if you keep AC compressors in stock you know there is a need.

- Ran R., Miramar Beach, US

Jul 202018

Altima S 6

• CVT transmission

Problem after problem for this Nissan Altima. I made a bad choice with purchasing another Nissan Altima because I have always had problems with Nissans. They are horrible cars. Once I finish making payments on this car, I will never purchase another Nissan and will never recommend it to anyone. Not even my worst enemy. Nissan Corporate, you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!

- Myriam A., Baldwin, US

May 222014

Altima SL 2.5L

• CVT transmission

I took the car to the Dealership where I bought it. The first tech said there was No Trouble Found even though the clerk clearly felt the issue prior to handing the car over to the techs. Thankfully the clerk was not accepting that answer and so waited till the next day where the master tech confirmed no cold air was blowing out of the vents when the A/C was on (sometimes the car just needed to sit in warm to hot weather to feel the incorrect temp.). The Master Tech found the issue to be a leak in the hose.

The A/C was then fixed after the hose replacement, BUT 3 weeks later the same issue reoccurred. I will be creating a "New Complaint" for this issue per the Complaint rules.

- liveontomorrow, Tracy, CA, US