5.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Murano:

Apr 012019

Murano

I purchased a new 2017 Nissan Murano a couple of years ago. After 6 months of ownership, while in motion on any road or highway my car will beep and show "front radar unavailable due to obstruction". it then turns off my ability to have cruise control and removes aeb and Feb features. After researching this issue, it looks like several Nissan owners have had the same issue because of a faulty radar. Nissan replaced the radar once but that radar is now bad too. The aeb, Feb, and cruise control will not work in my car. Nissan states they will not assist in replacing the radar again because they have replaced it before. This is a safety concern and needs to be addressed with a potential recall in my opinion.

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Mar 112019

Murano

My car has a front emergency braking system. The sensor for this system is located at the front of the car, underneath one of the head lights. The sensor detects when a vehicle in front of you has stopped. As you get closer to the vehicle, if you do not stop, the car will sound a 3-beep alert notifying you to stop. If you still do not stop, the car will apply the brakes and force the car to stop to prevent an accident. One night, I was driving home on a city street, when the 3-beep alert sounded, and the dashboard display started flashing red and white lights. There was a message on the display stating that a crash was imminent. Then the brakes engaged suddenly, and the car almost came to a complete stop in the middle of the street. The brakes engaged so hard and so quickly, that it threw me forward in the seat. At the time, there was no car in front of me coming to a sudden stop and no crash was imminent. The closest car to me was 2-3 car lengths ahead, and it had not stopped. Thankfully, the street was not busy at the time, and there was no accident. Nissan is aware of this issue, and there are class action lawsuits, but Nissan won't issue a recall. I've taken my car to 2 Nissan dealerships and they won't replace the sensor. The first dealer told me my sensor was dirty, but that doesn't explain what happened. According to the owner's manual, if the sensor is dirty, there will be a message on the dashboard display indicating the sensor is obstructed, and the front braking system will turn off. That is not what happened to me. The second Nissan dealer did a software update on my car and reset the sensor. I keep being told to bring the car back if the issue happens again, but this is not the kind of issue you want to wait to have happen again. What if I am on a busy street or the highway? I could have a serious accident. Please investigate this.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Apr 032018

Murano

Forward radar which controls the automatic braking system and cruise control stops working for no reason - states radar not available, obstruction, when the car is in motion. Unit has been replaced once and just starting not working again. When this happens the cruise control goes off and the car slows down quickly. This is a real safety concern for cars behind you as brake lights do not come on warning that you are slowing down.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jul 042017

Murano

Happens at least once a trip. The front radar, used for collision mitigation/intelligent cruise control, shuts off and reports obstruction for no apparent reason. This renders the safety systems useless.

- Dover, PA, USA

May 062019

Murano

Driving on the road when loud shotgun blast sound above resulting from the sunroof exploding. No traffic in front to say a rock hit it nor anything above like an overpass to drop something from.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Apr 212019

Murano

Driving down an open paved county road, driving straight at around 60 mpg. No cars in sight, no trees or building near the road and we heard what sounded like a gunshot inside the vehicle. We looked around and couldn't tell what happened. I looked up and there was a hole in the center of the moonroof then glass started falling. My kids in the backseat had more glass than the front. The glass that was remaining was curved up which seamed strange because no one touched the roof. We have a panoramic moonroof but it was only the movable piece exploded. Roof and windows were closed, it was 85 degrees outside and we had the air conditioning on. I called Nissan and opened an incident and they denied any responsibility stating glass isn't covered and since there is no evidence showing it exploded and wasn't hit they are not liable. I have full coverage glass insurance so I wouldn't have to pay either way it is the point that this is not my fault and after looking at all of the same issues with these glass roofs it should be the responsibility of the car manufacturer.

- Mankato, MN, USA

Jun 062018

Murano

Platinum package. When car is in motion, forward collision warning system malfunction incorrectly identifies a pending collision, indicating that a collision is imminent. Once the warning occurs, both visual on the dash, and audible beep, it will not go away. It continues until the vehicle is turned off. Occurs often. Dealership attempts to repair fail. Parts departments claim replacement parts are not available. This is dangerous to timid drivers in heavy traffic. Although problem exists in light traffic as well.

- Garland, TX, USA

Jun 012018

Murano

C/S forward collision warning keeps periodically coming on with no obstruction in front of vehicle. First reported June 2018, replaced failed again, curating under engineering review, at this time when it alarms all time, also curse control does not work, and side alarm off and on. When in motion, we have insurance discount for the collision warning system that is not working.

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Aug 012017

Murano

Rattling / vibrating noises interior left door / vent / dash at elevated temperatures. Nissan is aware of defective parts. 4 attempts were made to repair it and the problem still persists at external temperature above 90 degrees (Florida summer). The noises occur while driving around 45 mph and are a major disatraction and safety issue.driving in city streets. The noise is intermittent and according to the dealer Nissan has previously issued an advisory (to dealers) with a fix. The "rubber band type fix" is temporary and the noises keep on occurring, intermittently after it is parked in open area for 1-2 hours and car is driven on city streets at around 45 mph. The noises are distraction and is a safety hazard. Nissan attempted fixing it 3 times, at first dismissed it stating cannot duplicate. Similar interior noises occur intermittently on the right side door and dash while drive at similar speeds.the external temperatures are above 90 and the ac is on at 72-75 degrees. I have video tape on iphone recording the sound, the file is too big to email or transfer to my laptop (I haven't figured it out as yet). It first happened in August 2017 and has continued. The problem gets worse with increasing external temperature. Work orders contains personal information and therefore not attached

- Seminole, FL, USA

Sep 272018

Murano

Panoramic sunroof shattered when driving down highway. Nothing hit car to cause glass to shatter. Per insurance adjuster this is a design flaw with the car

- East Walpole, MA, USA

Aug 252018

Murano

Key fobs and auto start doesn't always work. Murano will be parked and off and I walk up within 15 ft of the drivers side door and try to autostart and it consistently only works about 1 in 4 tries. Dealership has replaced both fobs and batteries and still not working every single time. Also, several times in the past year, I get in and place foot on brake and push button to start and it will not start, takes several attempts before the vehicle will start!!!

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Aug 152018

Murano

The camera on the front of my vehicle had to be replaced because it was damaged by something off the road cracking the lenses and, as a result, causing my cruise control not to function properly as well. I could not use my driving safety controls that controlled distances between vehicles also. This was a poor design flaw and was not covered under my original warranty period of 3 year/36000 miles. We have had the issue(s) fixed but there is nothing to prevent it from happening again. We will probably not buy another Nissan product again even though this is our sixth consecutive purchase from Nissan.

- Canton, MS, USA

Jul 212018

Murano

While on a recent road trip during dry conditions. We have started receiving a pop up message relating to the forward emergency braking system on our display - front radar obstruction. This has not affected braking to our knowledge and following the reset steps in the owners manual did nothing.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 232018

Murano

While sitting in traffic, going less than 10 miles per hour, on us route 60 in mesa, AZ, the sunroof spontaneously shattered. The weather was clear, sunny and cold (high 30's Fahrenheit) and I was not under an overpass.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jun 202017

Murano

High pitch noise coming from wheel well with engine off or on. No indicator light showing issue. Opened and closed all doors did not stop. Could not determine when or why noise was occurring. After driving to dealer the high pitch whistle stopped. Dealer could not detect reason.

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA