8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Nov 012017

Pathfinder

• CVT transmission

Nissan settled a class action lawsuit on the 2014 and 2015 CVT transmission and did not pit them in their 2016 but did in the 2017. Now I am having the same issues where my car won't switch gears and can take up to 20 seconds or more for it to start going again. The dealership says no codes were found and won't do anything to help. Sounds like there should be another lawsuit.

- johnforman6, Bella Vista, US

Jan 122017

Pathfinder SV 3.5L V6

• CVT transmission

I purchased this vehicle after being reassured by dealer they had fixed the problem with cvt transmission. (traded my 2014 pathfinder for this one) . First day I had to have ECM module changed due to defect. This help somewhat but sluggishness and hesitation continued. Several months later returned to have gas pedal assembly replaced which did little to remedy the same problems. Over the last year I have taken vehicle back to dealer several times for same problem. They advised that there is a sluggishness problem but does not show up on the computer. They advised to keep driving it till it gets worst then return for servicing. Wrote to Nissan Canada to rectify this problem and they keep sending me back to dealer.

People, they have not resolved the problems with the CVT transmission , so it is a crap shoot if you get a good or bad pathfinder. If you think the dealer is going to remedy this problem for you, you're wrong. Until the transmission breaks down, you're stuck. Hopefully it is in warranty period.

Reason I purchased a second Pathfinder is that other car dealers are aware of Nissan transmission problems and gave me next to nothing for trade in. My only recourse was to return to Nissan to get something out of trade in. So once you purchase one you could be stuck for several years of misery.

Once this vehicle is past its prime, I will never set foot in a Nissan dealership again. Advice to people is avoid Nissan and their famous CVT transmission and stick with a vehicle with normal transmission.

- Mike M., Luskville, QC, Canada

Sep 282017

Pathfinder SL

the belt-driven transmission they are using is crap. my vehicle will not engage fast enough into traffic. also when turning after driving, fails to catch up, causing stalling

- Angela A., Denison, US