8.2

$2,020

Most common solutions:

1. replace transmission (9 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

Jun 232019

Rogue S

• CVT transmission

I bought this car in March 2016, in October of 2016 the transmission went out. Luckily it was under warranty so with a price tag of $4500 I only had to pay $450. It was given a warranty of 12 months or 12,000 miles. Now almost 3 years later the transmission went out in it again however this time it isn't under warrant. How can a 6 year old car already be going on its third transmission. I have had to spend so much money fixing this car it has been ridiculous. I still own $10000 on it with another few thousands of dollars to pay for a new transmission. It is frustrating to have to put in a second transmission not even 3 years after replacing it originally. I don't know what to do in this situation.

- Michelle P., Knoxville, TN, US

Apr 052019

• CVT transmission

After owning this vehicle for almost 3 years, the transmission now needs to be replaced. We had purchased a extended warranty in which according to the dealership we went over our miles by 9000, therefore its now expired, so now its coming out of our own pockets. This vehicle is only 6 years old! How can it already need a new transmission? And the dealership will not give us any other options. We are so upset we will never purchase another Nissan again.

- Pam A., Winthrop, US

Jul 202018

• CVT transmission

It is absolutely ridiculous that a transmission only lasts 100,000 miles. CVT transmissions suck and it has been well documented yet Nissan is not willing to rectify the problem. It sucks when you are paying on a car that does not run!!!

- Deidrah-Dawn W., Orleans, VT, US

Oct 162016

Rogue S

I was on a 8 hour road trip back from Portland. I had issues with my engine for about a year. My local dealership told me it was normal for my vehicle to whine like it did. 1/2 back from my trip my engine stopped accelerating and started going into limp mode. I got stuck overnight in Medford, Or since it was a Sunday. I took it to the local Nissan dealership and they diagnosed it as a transmission failure. It was a $4300 repair, luckily under my extended warranty. I had to leave it in Oregon for a week. Fast forward 2 years later, my engine begins to go into limp mode again. It turns out the Transmission cooling kit is going out on it too.

So far this vehicle has had:

New Driver's side Wheel Bearing @ ~ 25,000miles

New Transmission @ 72,000 miles

New Transmission Cooling Kit @ 95,000 miles

New AC Compressor @ 112,000 miles

- Stephani Y., Chico, CA, US

Jul 202016

• CVT transmission

Had been hearing some noise for a couple of weeks. Thought I need front brake pads....replaced. Still noisy. Took to HUNTER NISSAN...Transmission is BAD...Nissan provided the transmission since this was so close to the end of warranty period. Had to pay HUNTER NISSAN $970 to do the work...their statement, "the warranty is a contract between you and Nissan...we have nothing to do with that". This was my second Rogue. This was my fourth car from HUNTER NISSAN....so now my campaign is NEVER, NEVER NISSAN......and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER HUNTER NISSAN OR ANY OTHER HUNTER DEALERSHIP.

- Pat S., Hendersonville, NC, US

Apr 012017

Rogue Slawd 6 cyl

This 2013 Nissan Rogue has been nothing but a Problem since day 1 and I bought this piece of S*ht brand new!

I feel as though this car is a Lemon and Nissan disregards everything that has gone wrong with it!

- cher5, Gardner, MA, US

Sep 092017

Rogue 2.5L

I'M PISSED OFF. I HAVE UNDER A 100,000 MILES. I HAVE MY OIL CHANGES ON TIME. JUST HAD ONE THE DAY BEFORE THIS SH*T HAPPENED. THERE WAS NO DAMN WARNING THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE IT JUST STOPPED ON ME. ON THE FREEWAY IN ELK GROOVE CA. WITH MY SON IN THE CAR. WE BARELY GOT OFF THE FREEWAY. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP.

- chocmilk, Milpitas, US

Jul 052017

Rogue ES 3.2L

This is the second transmission on the car, it has less than 100k miles on this transmission. I believe Nissan should replace it, however they are refusing.

- Irby F., Dallas, TX, US

Jun 302017

• CVT transmission

Car was on a trip and all of a sudden RPMs went very high while car was in cruise control. Car had shifting issues for the rest of the way, and had issue with acceleration and gaining speed. Had to park the car and rent a car for the rest of the trip. Was told by a mechanic that the check engine codes that fired during the trip indicated a transmission issue, and would likely be a major repair.

- Lou N., Sahuarita, AZ, US

Jun 232017

Rogue S 2.5L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

This is a 2013 Nissan Rogue originally leased as a left over in November of 2014. The transmission was making noise and not shifting properly right from the beginning. I took the car back to the dealer two months after I purchased the Rogue and they told me the noise and the shifting was completely normal. I have complained on more than one occasion but for some reason the dealer only has it documented as a one time incident. (IT FIGURES)

My lease was up and I again told the dealer that I was buying a car that had issues and that this car should have to be fixed before I purchased it. I was told I had to purchase the vehicle because I was over on miles. The dealer also stated we do not have to fix this vehicle because it's a lease buyout. In a sense I bought a LEMON! I have had issues with this car all along but now the warranty is over I have to float the repair bill. I will be contacting an attorney who specializes in Lemon Law and see what recourse I may have.

When I purchased the car I was unaware of the transmission problems Nissan has. I found out like so many others...The hard way! Nissan needs to be held responsible but like so many other car manufacturers, if it isn't killing people it's all right. NO! It's NOT all right! Nissan, You're hurting people financially! Read on there's more!

This car has cost me more money to maintain than ANY other vehicle I have ever owned. Let me explain.

Along with the cost of the normal oil changes every 4 months..... I had to replace all 4 tires and all 8 brake pads ( meaning all the way around ) in August of 2015 I had to replace All 8 brake pads in October of 2016 I had to replace 2 rear wheel hub assemblies, 4 tires, 4 brake Rotors and 8 brake pads in June 2017 I still have a rear CV shaft that needs to be replaced but I will do so after the transmission gets fixed.

I have owned this car a total of 43 months and the maintenance bill totals almost as much as 14 months of payments. I Do Not Recommend This Vehicle and I Will Not buy another!

Update from Jul 4, 2017: I spoke to the dealer that I purchased the vehicle from. I did have a transmission problem documented when we first purchased the vehicle. To make a long story short, Nissan did replace the transmission at no cost to us. We were lucky that we didn't have to pay for the transmission. How many others are not so fortunate?

- Thomas K., Port Byron, US

Apr 252017

Rogue Limited 4 cyl

My 2013 Nissan rogue I brought brand spanking new, I've had the vehicle for 4 years and my extended warranty that I purchased extra just ran out. My whole transmission had to be replaced as it stopped working. You would think if you spend 25K for a nice vehicle the transmission would last longer than 4 years. I called Nissan garage and complained, they tell me you can bring the car here and pay 150.00 to hook up to our computer to tell me something I already knew. I had to tow my car to a shop have them hook it up to the Computer to tell me the transmission is toast. I called the Nissan extended warranty company to complain and they offered no help what so ever. I swear they set a trigger to go off as soon as my vehicle went over the 100K mark it stops working. So I had to pay 2100.00 out of my own pocket to fix the vehicle. So please tell me if this is such a growing issue why did Nissan not issue a recall to this problem, why did they not even offer to pay for the repairs. I think its time to move completely away from Nissan. No person in the world who spends that kind of money on a vehicle should have to pay 2100.00 to repair a transmission on a vehicle that is 4 yrs old.

I truly am a very upset client of Nissan and will never purchase another Nissan again. The transmission issues went from 10 when I researched mine now to 25 complaints. Truly what message is Nissan trying to send the consumers out there.

- Kimberly S., Canisteo, US