Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Rogue:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Jun 162019

Rogue

On May 23, 2019 I was driving my 2018 Rogue when it suddenly started beeping, a yellow triangle appeared on the dashboard and the vehicle made a grinding sound while slowing my car as if the sensor detected something in the road that I was about to hit. The vehicle applied the automatic breaking system for no apparent reason.It happened again a few weeks later at the same location. I chalked it up to my car sensing something at that intersection, until it happened again yesterday, June 16, 2019. I was doing approx 40MPH with no other cars or obstructions on the road. Once again, the alarm started beeping, the yellow triangle appeared on the dash and the brakes started grinding, slowing my vehicle down while in motion. If anyone was driving behind me, I would have been rear ended. A quick Google search showed numerous complaints about this very issue with the newer Rogues within the past year. Nissan should issue a recall for this problem, as it could (and probably has) ended up causing an accident. When I called the dealership to schedule maintenance, they were very aware of the issue and questioned why Nissan hasn't issued a recall for it yet.

- Jenn R., Philadelphia, PA, US

May 012019

Rogue

• CVT transmission

Back in June of 2018 when I bought the car, when going into parking garage or over a puddle of water, or under a bridge, the dash would say obstruction ahead and then come to a stop. Have had two updates in March of 2019 to fix the issue. On 5/2/2018 car had a new message in red, and stopped in the parking garage. This time car froze the break was solid not moving and after giving the car some time I then was able to continue moving. Speeds of automatically stopping range from 5 to 15mph. There has been no solutions to this dangerous issue.

- kassh44, Philadelphia, US

Nov 012018

• CVT transmission

The first dealership replaced parts, updated the software and re-calibrated the AEB system. Told us it was all repaired. We thought it was, until it happened again. I started researching and here we are...

Jan 122019

• CVT transmission

2nd time for this problem. Tried a different dealership who checked the system and said the first dealership already did everything there was to be done. The icing on the cake was the service manager telling us he has the same problem with his Rogue and can't fix it either. He said to complain to Nissan...

Mar 162019

• CVT transmission

Third time with this problem. Dealership couldn't reproduce the problem so called it "Unconfirmed". The same as the first 2 times. Manager did give us information to contact Nissan to "Exercise our rights as a consumer". That didn't help us much...

Apr 022019

Rogue SE 3.2L

Lease 2018 Rogue.

Traveling 40 MPH AEB engaged and almost pulled me off the road.

Front end groaned -- dash indicator lit up and beeped three times.

Thought I had a suspension or blown out tire by the reaction.

Took it to local dealer who (basically) blew me off so I left. Called dealer, called Nissan and have car in shop today.

Was informed that if it were anything but a software update that it would cost me (the darned car is under warranty!!!) --- these cars should be taken off road.

They are the 737 MAX of vehicles!

- nervous, Laconia, US